Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
September 21, 2017, 01:22:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Karl only have one shirt?  (Read 24976 times)
feigenpwn
Active Newbie

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 01:02:01 am »

Let's look on how it could be....

"Oh jeez. My new warmstone C ocarina is completely out of tune and falling apart. Oh, well. At least I know he has a great selection of t shirts."

I'm definitely glad Karl spends more time on his ocarina crafting rather than his wardrobe for helpful videos. Videos aren't so helpful if they have poorly developed ocarinas. Well judged, Karl, well judged. Smiley

Megabyte
Active Newbie

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:08 pm »

I don't think using T-shirts of the same color every day is a problem (as long as they are clean).

But if you are doing it solely because you have a hard time choosing your t-shirts, you might want to match t-shirts of similar hues. Example: a light blue t-shirt with dark blue pants. You can also try colors that make a desaturated (gray) color when mixed. Example: an orange T-shirt with blue pants (this one is very risky if we are talking about formal clothes, of course, because it tends to be bold and aggressive). And more importantly, something that rarely fails is to mix earth colors together (brown with black, for example).

It works for me, and I using the color matching theory I can mix things quickly. 

Megabyte
Active Newbie

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:17 pm »

Oh, I forgot though that the brown color might not be well-seen in the US. In that case, you can try any of the other earth colors.

Spatolo

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 12:28:54 pm »

Oh, I forgot though that the brown color might not be well-seen in the US. In that case, you can try any of the other earth colors.

Oh my, why not?

That's just my favorite color!

oniryo
Active Newbie

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 12:48:10 am »

I did this years ago with white t-shirts and cargo pants (a few different styles/tones for the pants... i deployed chaos theory for clothes selection of "first one i grab is it" to simplify the variety and add some excitement to the morning ritual). I think I may get on board with this Grey thing though, lots of potential there (and it'll hide the coffee/tea stains  Grin)

Also I ran some numbers since I'm always a big fan of hard proof to back up decisions when possible. Assuming a simplified wardrobe saves an average of 5 minutes a day, then over the course of a year it will save you 1825 minutes or 30 hours. That's over a FULL DAY extra. Now assuming people sleep 8 hours each day that leaves them with 16 hours awake roughly. Lets just say average of 14 hours of productive time a day. That works out to 2 full productive days a year just by making the simple choice of simplifying your clothing! (and for 'special occasion' clothing, just set that up on a hanger in the closet or something for quick grab/go on the rare occasion you need it...such as funerals - well I'm hoping funerals are rare occasions for you anyway)

Now why did I choose 5 minutes in the beginning? Well what favorite instrument can you play in those 5 minutes and still make meaningful progress in your skills with? Wink The math has spoken, simplifying you dress code leads directly to being the next "Ocarina Guru" Smiley

(and yes i realize this thread - as with most in this forum are old as dirt, but its still near the top so figured it's fair game. Besides you can't argue with the math, Karl's got it figured and we all need to get with the program Tongue)

Auroch

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:16 am »

Karl is totally paving the way for fashion! I'm hooked.

Auroch
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: