Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 05:53:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing my Hardwood C and Singing at the Pier  (Read 11008 times)
cerescop

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:51 am »

Hi Treblemaker, I have been down to Huntington beach, had to ride the beach as part of my Police Motorcycle training .  I have seen the pier but haven't been down there in 14 years now. I get to southern cali all the time but have a hard time getting a place to park and 75 foot long combination truck/trailer. So I have to stay out in Ontario, where the truck stops are.  I can close my eyes and picture the piers out there. spent some time on one just watching the waves coming in. Hearing the waves slapping against the pilings. Just relaxing leaning against the railing, sipping a hot chocolate and smelling the salt air. I love that smell. It's clean. Even with all the life in it. Keep up the good work. Oh have the air quality people stopped their stupid attempts to remove the fire rings yet?

LeakyDuck

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 04:19:25 pm »

Many, many years ago I bought a Bowed Psaltery at a music festival. After many hours of practice I took it to the local folk music club and when my turn came I launched into my song. A BASTARD, who has much clout with that group, stopped my playing and with a few well chosen words ripped me apart. I have had problems playing in public every since.

Harp Player

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 05:29:05 am »

Many, many years ago I bought a Bowed Psaltery at a music festival. After many hours of practice I took it to the local folk music club and when my turn came I launched into my song. A BASTARD, who has much clout with that group, stopped my playing and with a few well chosen words ripped me apart. I have had problems playing in public every since.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.  It is sad but true that their are people like that out there. They are worse in some circles than others so please try again somewhere else or with people you have a good relationship with.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: