Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 25, 2018, 10:53:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding reverb using Audacity  (Read 9233 times)
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« on: November 23, 2008, 06:53:49 pm »

I thought I'd add this topic, for those who use Audacity for audio editing.  Audacity has an extension (comes with the basic distribution) called "GVerb" for adding reverb effects for audio tracks.  The default GVerb settings, however, are pretty ugly, and figuring out how to alter the settings to get satisfactory results leads into deep technical water pretty fast.  If you don't want to spend hours trying to understand the meaning of things like "dry signal level," "early reflection level," and "tail level", you can check out the Audacity wiki for some helpful "instant settings": http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=GVerb#Instant_reverb_settings

Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:23 am »

I need to get a mic so I can run my oc through some f/x.. I use a digitech rp150 multi-effect pedal. It;s a great practice tool with 50 built in drum patterns of several common styles..from rock, blues, jazz, world, and also has a digital metrononome.. plus you can adjust the drum volume and f/x volume separately. I think   
   I paid 99 buck for mine on musicians friend. If you want something fun to mess around with it's a good start and affordable. My only complaint is if you are using it for stage performance it takes too long to cycle between effects to be practical. Especially if you change settings more than once in a song. For home use it's very nice and I'm glad I bought it. I really want one of those Moog pedals but they are like 3 bills and up..! Smiley Too much for me.

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Spatolo

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:49 pm »

I don't know why, but I hate reverb.

:-P

sorry for hijacking the thread dudes  Wink

Cliff

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:13:27 pm »

sorry for hijacking the thread dudes   Wink

spatolo... you're picking up bad hijacking habits from me   Grin

Sorry for hijacking the thread dudes

Actually there is a good discussion here... I'll start a new thread.

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:57:29 pm »

I think reverb's okay if you are doing a studio recording..when it comes to selling a product the seller has an obligation to say if fx/studio doctoring has been added. My 2 cents! Dan

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: