Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 30, 2017, 01:06:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Necromancy (bringing old topics back from the dead)  (Read 11505 times)
Calculus

« on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

How old is too old to resurrect?

kypfer

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:07:18 pm »

Try it and see ... if it smells bad it's probably too late ... necrophilia is a dying art, as an ex-colleague of mine was known to quote  Roll Eyes

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Auroch

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 03:37:32 am »

There are of course exceptions depending on the topic...though for the most part why limit ourselves to only the most recent and active topics?
The way I see it, if someone comes to a topic that hasn't been touched for three solid years, why should that deter them from contributing to it? Maybe they have something that would be really beneficial to add...but if they have some pre-conceived limitation in mind then nothing is shared and no one else benefits from it in the present or future. Just my two cents worth:)

An example of an exception could be a topic about some new product that is "coming out in the next year" when it's actually been out for the last two or something.

Of course...in the event I've somehow missed somewhere on this site where they say not to kick-start old topics then by all means, let me know Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:39:52 am by Auroch » Logged

Auroch
Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:25:04 am »

I think that a topic that hasn't been posted to in  3 months is long dead and shouldn't be brought back without good reason.

Auroch

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 02:58:23 pm »

To each his/her own. I personally have no problem adding to a topic that hasn't been touched in three years let alone a mere three months and hopefully future forum-users can still benefit from all that is shared though if some don't want to further contribute to a given topic that's great too:) If someone doesn't feel they can justify adding to a topic after three months for one reason or another, awesome. As mentioned before, there are exceptions and if it's clearly a topic that no longer requires contributing then great.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:09:12 pm by Auroch » Logged

Auroch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: