Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 30, 2020, 11:48:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has made or is making a serious attempt to learn Esperanto?  (Read 3431 times)
Calculus

« on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »

I'm curious how many members are Esperantists... Mi provas lerni Esperanton. Mi scias kelkaj vortoj.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

I'm reasonably fluent in it. Most days I do some reading and writing in it, but opportunities for conversation are scarcer.

Calculus

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »

I could have sworn I recently saw an ad for MOs on a google search page for Esperanto and some other relevant terms.

Hmm... I would have thought there were more still active... Ubizmo, you seem pretty darn good; I've watched one of your videos. I'm not sure what you define as fluent, but I think you're not far off if at all. How did you learn?

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:37:17 pm »

To me, fluent is just what the word conveys: flowing, which means not having to stop and hunt for words, which I still have to do. There are lots of words for everyday objects that I still don't know, because I haven't had as much practice with then as I have had with more abstract things.

I started with a book. Then, about two months later, I found a conversational partner with whom I met for an hour or so a week. She helped a lot. Then, the following summer, I attended a NASK course in San Francisco, which really pushed me ahead. Of you can find the money to do one of those, go for it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: