Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 08:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Has Karl Been?  (Read 10164 times)
bvak123
Active Newbie

« on: December 18, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

Look around at all the posts it seems like Karl has been absent for a while?  Anyone know if he plans to post anymore videos?

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »

We hate to have to admit this after all this time, but Karl is just a myth--like Santa or the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  We (a secretive group of powerful, wealthy financiers) paid a sincere yet homely actor to play the part of Karl. Karl’s real name is Carlos Grubenheimersmithenstein.  At least that was the name he was going by when we first discovered him living in squalor behind a dumpster in a rundown section of the Bronx.  Everything was fine until Karl’s limited success went to his head. When he started whining about an increase in salary, it saddens us deeply to say that we had no choice but to eliminate him let him go.

On the bright side, we are presently searching for a new company figurehead to replace Karl. In fact, we are actively involved in intense negotiations with the Geico Gecko. There was some concern that Mr. Gecko, owing to his tiny little fingers and rather small lung capacity, might not be able to play the ocarina quite as well as Karl, at least initially. However, since this forum boasts several notable ocarinists, the board of directors felt that the Gecko’s super-cool accent, his high degree of cuteness, and his ample animal magnetism would more than make up for any lack of musical talent.

For you parents (and also for you conspiracy theorists who refuse to accept the truth about Karl/Carlos), we have provided a scarcely plausible yet more age-appropriate version of events that you may wish to share with your young children if they ask you about this. That version* appears after a brief exculpatory holiday greeting from our legal department. 

Happy Holidays to all interested parties!  If any of you were offended, disillusioned, or in any way traumatized by an alleged suggestion on our part that Santa is not real, we, the management of Mountain Ocarinas, would like to clarify our stance on this important issue.  Mountain Ocarinas unequivocally does not presently or at any time in the past affirm a disbelief in the non-existence of Santa or in his fictitious reality.  There!  We’ve clearly stated our position.  Any further questions or complaints should be directed to our high-powered legal team. (Please Note: calls to our legal team will be invoiced at the rate of $300 per hour.) Again, Happy Holidays!

*Okay, so, in this alternate account, Karl is, in fact, a real person and is the actual founder of Mountain Ocarinas. I know what you are thinking. If “Karl” really exists, how can we possibly explain his long absences from the forum? Well, luckily, young children are wonderfully trusting (I mean, a tooth fairy? You gotta be kidding!), so perhaps you can get them to swallow the following explanation.

Karl means well but he has a pretty busy life. As a small business owner, he must wear many hats. In addition, he is the proud father of handicapped children, so he spends a significant amount of his free time caring for and being a friend to those children.  Karl’s wonderful wife and best friend works every weekend triaging hospice care, so that makes weekends busy as well. Karl often feels pangs of guilt that he is not more active on the forum, but…

Stop!  What do you say when your four-year-old points out the obvious?  “But, Daddy (or Mommy), lots of people lead equally busy lives, but they still find time to participate consistently in the forum!” First of all, I would immediately stop giving a kid like that his daily fish oil supplement. Otherwise, it won’t be long before he starts telling YOU what time to go to bed! Nevertheless, his point is well taken.

Karl’s real problem is more psychological than physical. He is simply not a good multi-tasker (although he is tremendously impressed with those of you who are). His most productive periods are those when he is able to concentrate on a very narrow range of projects, for he has a tendency to throw himself into whatever he does. (Exhibit One: this L-O-N-G post, if indeed Karl actually wrote this.) His desire for focus also prevents him from participating to any great extent in social media like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. 

But why can’t he just whip off quick one-line forum posts, ignoring little details like punctuation and grammar?  He wishes he knew why! Instead, he feels compelled to take tons of time in an attempt to make posts as helpful as possible, to add value to the forum. So what happens? After a few weeks of dedicated posting, he decides that he’s going to have to cut out a few optional activities (like eating and sleeping) if he is to get any work done at all and still post up to his own standards.  Perhaps at some point he will awaken with his head on his keyboard, in a small puddle of drool. Then he’ll decide that he’d better stop posting for a while to regain his focus.  And a long period of time will pass before he next bursts briefly onto the forum scene.

Does Karl have plans to join the forum again soon or to make more videos? Actually, he plans to actively join the forum for a while when he releases the C version of his pro-range ocarina.  Unfortunately, because of the nature of life, he has had to work on the pro-range in intense periods separated by all-to-frequent breaks to attend to other responsibilities. Still, he’s getting close to a release date but can’t say any more than that for now.

Anyway, if Karl WERE real, we’re sure that his explanation would be very close to what we have written above. He’d also want to offer heartfelt thanks to those of you who do so much to make this forum a helpful and friendly place.

Prairie Wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »

Cheesy OMGosh! I was thoroughly and totally entertained by that post!  Grin You have made my day much more interesting, fictitious Karl! Wink Wink LOL! I cannot even begin to know how to respond to such a completely mind-blowing, mood-elevating, holiday ho-ho, comedic masterpiece as that. Though, in reading the lines and in-between the lines, I find hope and promise for a future glowing with the introduction of a Pro-range Mountain Ocarina in C Grin Grin Grin So, all-in-all, this has been a most glorious type of Christmas present you have given to us and I thank you! Kiss

"The spirit of the Earth in the notes of the flute
the song speaks for my soul, when my voice is mute." -- kap
Traeak

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:18 am »

To put it short:  real Karl has a real life.  People who post on social media need to find a real life (well I added the second part).

Poly G&C, Warmstone G
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 12:53:42 am »

What's this about an increase in salary?

4efs

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 04:01:28 am »

Yes, bvak123, there is a Santa Clause! Yahooey!  Shocked

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Pat Anderson

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

Quit posting in this thread so Karl, whoever he is, can get back to getting the Pro-Range in C out the door!!!! 

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:08:54 pm by Pat Anderson » Logged
bvak123
Active Newbie

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 04:10:51 pm »

I see that "Karl" posted this on the day of the end of the world.  Was it real, is he real.... am I real.  Are we all still here or in an alternate universe.  Maybe in this universe I can actually play music  Cool

Pat Anderson

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

The end of the world was cancelled by the Willcox, AZ, Police Department!

I see that "Karl" posted this on the day of the end of the world.  Was it real, is he real.... am I real.  Are we all still here or in an alternate universe.  Maybe in this universe I can actually play music  Cool

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:14:53 pm by Pat Anderson » Logged
HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 11:22:02 am »

Might it be that Carl was staged by the Group of General Potemkin that also faked the landing on the moon and Elvis? Wink

### Always remember the wise words of One-Arm McGinty: Never ever throw water balloons at people carrying chainsaws ###
Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 09:15:09 pm »

Karl, you crack me up!! I love your humor and firmly believe in your existence! We miss you, keep up the good work!!! The 2 OCTIVE PRO OCARINA will be worth waiting for!

cerescop

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:32:39 am »

Hmmm, a pseudo Karl wants a raise so he is "let go", to do other important things, like complete a "C" ocarina", "pro Range" device. Said device may or may not exist. There have been hushed whispers in the halls of this forum of just such a device existing. But there have never been any real confirmed sightings of the device.  There was a report of pseudo Karl going on a vacation with his alleged family to a far away location rumored to have been to the south of the normal work location for the Pro Range device. The actual function and purpose of the pro range device is known to just a few individuals and is still a closely held secret of the "Organization" . All reports of a written sort have been completely redacted and no real knowledge has been released about the "Pro Range" device.  Yes, there is a a Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny is not talking to him.
As soon as there is any further information that can be released please contact me here.  The "organization" has spies everywhere.

redrocketteer
Active Newbie

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

How is the pro series coming? I still hope you have time to play your Ocarina Wink

Scott Maness

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 04:17:13 am »

I had spoken with him on the phone, when I had ordered a warmstone C for my son, as a gift.  It was a pleasure to speak with him.  I always had thought that it is a great thing when you call a company to order something and get to speak with the person who actually made what you are ordering. 

Keep up the great work, Karl!  My son and I were playing some together today, him on his warmstone C and me on my warmstone G. 

TicTocOc
Active Newbie

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 12:07:43 am »

I hope Karl is hard at work getting those ProRange available to sell!!    Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: