Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 04:37:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: B flat trombone and the rest of a "plastic wind orchestra"  (Read 4950 times)
Calculus

« on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

Is F major an easy key for (b flat) trombonists? I want to write primarily diatonic music in that key for C MOs, Xaphoon Pocket Saxes (which are easiest to play in F major because of fingering), Susato C and F penny/low whistles, 37 key Melodicas (lowest and highest notes are F) and pBones. I do not own and have not played Susato penny whistles nor any low whistle, nor a pBone. Any suggestions for other quality, plastic bodied, pitched wind instruments available for under $200 would be appreciated. By quality, I mean that their playability and timbre are okay and that they can be played perfectly in equal temperament. (not like most, if not all, plastic recorders, which are not perfectly in tune and have too much pitch stability to fix the tuning) I am wondering about tabor pipes/fujaras being played in perfect ET and how much a quality practice chanter with plastic reeds costs.

EDIT add: I know standard bagpipes/chanters don't use ET, but I have read about some chanters that do. If you have ideas for stuff that is more expensive than $200, I'd like to know of those as well. I've seen the Susato website, so I am aware of their other stuff.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:14:26 pm by Calculus » Logged
Traeak

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:36:25 pm »

It should okay as long as the range can be covered.  'F' is one away from 'Bb' in the cycle of fourths which should be relatively easy to play.

Poly G&C, Warmstone G
Calculus

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:18:33 am »

That was my reasoning, but I was just looking for confirmation. Do you have any brass experience?

bamadude313

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:34:02 am »

Yes the key of F is very easy to play on the trombone.  One of the easiest keys in my opinion.

--Source--
Been playing the trombone and almost all other brass instruments for 6 years.

LeakyDuck

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:00 pm »

Check out sweetheart flutes.com
He makes really high quality instruments.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: