Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 07, 2020, 12:06:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing my G MO as a G instrument  (Read 2284 times)
Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« on: January 26, 2013, 05:09:15 am »

Hi All,

I recently ordered Karl's Christmas Carol book so I could learn to play my G ocarina as a G instrument- I am hopeless at transposing  Roll Eyes
I wasn't that motivated so I didn't work at it very hard. But recently, my choir has started working on a piece of music which has a difficult harmony line for the sopranos (I'm soprano leader). Since we (the sopranos) won't have access to a piano when we break up into groups to practice our parts, I decided to learn it on my G MO, because it's in the range. I'll tell you, that sure teaches you how to play in G quickly! And it works really well. I'm enjoying myself immensely!   

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 04:23:07 am »

Nothing like a little pressure incentive to bring out the best in a musician.  That is a neat idea and I am glad it is working out well for you.

4efs

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »

Yay! Good for you! the doors just swing wider faster now!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: