Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 10:19:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing some co-workers to the Mountain Ocarina  (Read 3660 times)
Harp Player

« on: March 31, 2013, 01:14:53 am »

I have been talking to some of my co-workers over the past few week about music.  One of which expressed interest in wanting to learn to play an instrument.  I told her about the MO and how it was an easy instrument to learn.  I was going to give her one of the cards that came with them, but I couldn't find any so I gave her the URL to the MO website.  I was going to play a couple of songs for her after work Friday but that didn't work out.  I did end up playing part of a favorite song for another coworker so taking it to work wasn't a total waste of effort.  Who know she may just place an order.

cerescop

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:20:34 am »

I always have my Ocarina at work as I am never away from work. I stayed out 3 months last time. I came back on the 5th.  I was in Lathrop California picking up a trailer from a repair shop. I was waiting for the yard driver to bring the trailer to me from the fenced yard area. He was taking his sweet time about it. It took him 2+ hours to bring it out. While waiting I played my ocarina while watching an adjuster doing a photo shoot of a wrecked, brand new, med blue, Ford pickup. It was a really nice truck till it was mangled in the left front. I grabbed the ocarina and rolled down the drivers window to get a breeze. I played for about 20 minutes. It was more of a practice session. I did make some errors. I got out to go back inside the business to see what was holding me up. The adjuster asked if I was playing some type of instrument. He said he thought I was listening to the radio or a cd. He said it sounded really good. He wanted to see the instrument. I showed him the ocarina and he was puzzled that all that sound came out of that little black plastic whistle. I explained that it was easy to play and that I got it over the internet. We talked for about another 15 minutes and then he had to leave. I finally got my trailer and got it loaded and headed out for Atlanta, Georgia.

Prairie Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

Now that's a great story and a wonderful testament to the MO! Sometimes they are introduced to others in way we do not anticipate. Thanks for sharing!

"The spirit of the Earth in the notes of the flute
the song speaks for my soul, when my voice is mute." -- kap
Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:03:45 am »

That is a great story cerescop.  It stinks that you are out on the road for months at a time, but I am glad that you have adjusted to that lifestyle. 

I did take my  MO to work again Friday, I played for a couple of co workers and ended up attracting a much larger group than I had planned on.  The sound carried much further than I thought it would in that noisy environment.  I would have done that sooner but I work in a food processing plant and they have very strict rules about stuff like that. The only reason I went for it then is because that was a cleaning day so we can get by with a little more then.

On a side note I do think that one person (he is already a musician) is interested in buying an ocarina but wants to check out several other brands/ types.  I told him I didn't think he would find anything else that sounds as good for the money, but i understand him wanting to do his own research.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:07:51 am by Harp Player » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: