Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 26, 2019, 02:55:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Nampa, Idaho, USA  (Read 12180 times)
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 12:19:30 am »

Looks like everyone got a case of Dan fever and changed their avatars! Smiley

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Spatolo

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 08:49:12 pm »

Improvisation while playing is an area I've not yet dared venture into!

My friend you are mad like a... like a...

I can't get a good comparison.

Wait, I got it!
Like a deaf man that want to improvise on the ocarina!!!!

Now, that's a good comparison. I will use your story as a reference milestone for oddity  Grin Grin

Keep us up to date about how your strange journey is going (this is by far the craziest story I've read on the forum - and one of the craziest in general: I don't want to miss any piece of it)!

Diann

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 07:53:57 pm »

I think you should be an inspiration to all of us.  Being deaf and even thinking about playing music is wonderful.  You have my deepest support.

Sincerely,
Diann from Arkansas

BillB
Active Newbie

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »

Well, in this case I think posting to this topic is valid.  It is, after all, my original intro.

It's been a long time since I've been active here, some three years apparently.  Cliff's e-mail about the new Facebook page brought me back and to my surprise my login still worked.  Thankfully.

Sadly, I have a confession.  In the last three years, I've not been as active with my ocarina as I could have been.  I've got it out and played with it once in a while, but I just was not motivated enough to keep playing and practicing.  So, much of what I'd already learned has gone by the wayside.

I'm still in love with it and music.  I've started carrying it with me again.  As others have said in other posts, it's a great stop light changer.

I've missed the forum and the people here, but can say I have lurked from time to time so it's been a bittersweet absence.  With any luck, I'll be able to continue frequenting the forum now.  And working with my ocarina, if it will forgive my extended absence.

I can see there's a lot to catch up on, but I hope to spend some time on the topics that interest me and catch up on everything else.

Bill B.

Cliff

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:20 am »

Welcome back Bill B.

Keep an eye out for the "5 minute musician's club" that Karl will be announcing some time in the next week or so on this forum. It may help to get you get re-acquainted with your oc...

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: