Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 03:43:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nds available at reduced prices  (Read 6614 times)
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« on: April 25, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

Over time, we gradually accumulate a number of Hardwood and Warmstone ocarinas that I don’t feel comfortable selling at full price because of some small flaw that I perceive in appearance.   All these 2nds play beautifully (exactly like our firsts) or we wouldn’t sell them or even give them away.

Here are the 2nds we have available right now, both Cs and Gs.  (At the time of this posting there are several ocarinas, but we’ll remove their pictures as they sell.) You'll notice that the reduced prices appear in the names of the jpg files. For some of the ocarinas, there are two images--top and bottom. For others, there is just one combination photo.

What makes them 2nds? Well, in some cases the area around the toneholes is not as neat as usual or a bond line may be more visible than I'd like it to be. Others are 2nds because the color or grain may lack the visual impact of our 1sts. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so you be the judge!

If you are interested in purchasing one of these ocarinas, please email Susan at Susan@MountainOcarinas.com  or call us toll-free (within the US) at 888-423-5883.

C-1145 $89.95.jpg

C-1166 $99.95.jpg

C-1170 $99.95.jpg

CS-1169 top $89.95.JPG

G-2384 $89.95.jpg

G-2393 bot $89.95.JPG

G-2393 top $89.95.JPG

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:13:03 am by Karl » Logged
Twist

"Ars celare verum"

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:03:27 pm »

They still look great Karl. I would get one but I already have 6 and I'm waiting for the pro line.

Twist
"Ars celare verum"
Pat Anderson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:52 pm »

Ditto!  I could jump for a hardwood C second but then how would I buy the Pro Range?  There WILL be Pro Range one of these days, won't there?  Grin

Traek posted a link to this this on The Ocarina Network, so a quite a few people will see them there.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 05:54:13 pm »

I am working steadily on the pro-range. It should be soon-ish...  With frustrating slowness, I've been grinding through a lot of technical manufacturing issues (which are outside my previous experience and skillset) so that we can precisely make these wonderful instruments in a reasonable amount of time. We're getting close, but I shouldn't say how close because I am ALWAYS wrong about timelines.  Cheesy

Daddy-O
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »

I was very excited to see this offer.  I picked up a hardwood C to match my hardwood G.  I love these ocarinas, and the consistent quality that Karl and the people at Mountain Ocarinas put into each one that goes out the door.  I am excited to get a beautiful new MO. 

I am also eagerly awaiting the Pro Line that is coming out soon.  Put me down to pick up at least one from the first batch that comes out.  I hope they are out in time for Christmas.  My wife would like to get me one for my birthday if they come out before September, or one for Christmas if they are out between September and December.   Wink

Roger (aka Daddy-O)

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »

Hi Daddy-O,

Thank you for the kind words!

I've been very "under the radar" about the pro-range because I need to stay focused. However, I have begun a waiting list for them. If you (or anyone else) would like to be on the waiting list, please email us at info@MountainOcarinas.com .  To make it easy to reach you when the time comes, please provide an email address and telephone number.

By the way, here is how all our waiting lists work. They are a contact list for those who are seriously planning to buy an instrument when one becomes available, although of course you are free to change your mind. (I stress the word "seriously" only because it helps me to plan realistically for demand.)  As soon as we have a small batch ready, we'll give people on the list first crack at buying one, in the order in which they sign up, before we post the instruments on our web site. 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:44:30 pm by Karl » Logged
Pandorado
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 01:05:26 am »

I recently bought a second quality wood finish oc in G and I love it. The minor cosmetic flaws are hardly noticeable and it plays beautifully. I would recommend them to anybody looking to upgrade their polycarbonate MOs.

Harp Player

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:26 am »

I would love to have one of those $45 G's but....... oh well maybe later.

HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24:53 pm »

Karl, you really must be a perfectionist to claim that small differences a 2nd. Wink
Unfortunately for me I'm on a tight budget this year and (MO + 30$ shipping) * 19% tax is out of my reach. Cry

### Always remember the wise words of One-Arm McGinty: Never ever throw water balloons at people carrying chainsaws ###
LadyHalfling
Active Newbie

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 11:44:46 pm »

Grin Well I just received my "2nds" G oc and I love it. Thank you for the sale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: