Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 06:30:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ocarina Journey  (Read 2617 times)
Jane Austin
Active Newbie

« on: May 16, 2013, 10:44:00 am »

Well, I cannot believe that I am actually reading music without really thinking about it! I am now on unit 6. I have been working hard on each unit and have not moved on until it was stuck in my memory. So now I can read the music and play the correct notes. I am enjoying myself so much and am determined to stick with it. I am trying to remember to tongue the notes and I do think it sounds better when I do. I will keep you posted with my progress.

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 01:13:32 am »

I am glad that you are taking the the time to work your through the learning to play book.  Their method is simple direct and effective.   I think on lesson 7 it starts the long tone drill.  That is a great tool to help you learn breath control and helps you develop your tone.  You should do that at least a couple of times every time you put your ocarina in your mouth.

Scott Maness

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:59:24 am »

How has your journey been this last year, learning the ocarina?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: