Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 17, 2019, 12:48:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyrbid Ocarinas; Dymondwood & Corian  (Read 5909 times)
By The Rising Of The Moon
Active Newbie

« on: June 01, 2013, 08:12:34 pm »

In the Year 2010, I purchased my first Mountain Ocarina. At the time of purchase, It was the only one of it's kind in stock.

I didn't know just how seemingly rare this particular type of Mountain Ocarina is, and thought this would be the best place to ask about the availability of such Ocarinas.

As you can see in the above pictures, this Ocarina has Dymondwood on the top and bottom, but a strip of beautiful white Corian in the center.

I had, at one time, spoken with someone who referred to one of his Mountains Ocarinas as a "Hybrid", but no further detail was given, so I'm assuming that the aforementioned Ocarina is what he meant.

Any information on these Ocs would be much appreciated.

Prairie Wolf

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:36:58 am »

WOW! Very cool and unique! Visually appealing, too. How does it sound? Thanks for sharing! I, too, would be interested in hearing more about it.

"The spirit of the Earth in the notes of the flute
the song speaks for my soul, when my voice is mute." -- kap
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:54:05 am »

How does it sound?

Sounds exactly like the other Dymondwood Ocarinas. There is a hardly tangible misalignment on the left side, but it has no effect on the sound, and it is so miniscule, I only realized it's existence after 3 years.

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:22 am »

Very nice looking.  I have never heard of one like it.  Maybe Karl or Cliff will tell us something about it.

Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:13:07 pm »

I certainly hope they do.

Cliff

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 01:50:34 pm »

Yes, we made this construction of ocarinas for a short period of time. After some time Karl decided to not continue making these hybrid ocarinas. I think that one of the reasons for not continuing was that there is the potential for "joint" between the warmstone and hardwood to become noticeable with seasonal changes in humidity.

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »

Thanks for explaining that to us, Cliff. Smiley I've had no issues at all, and I still love playing my Ocarina.

Auroch

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 01:58:01 am »

Someday someone will post images of their ultra-super-hybrid which has a poly bottom, warmstone middle, dymondwood top and aluminum interior  Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:41:01 am by Auroch » Logged

Auroch
MedicineMan

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 12:00:46 am »

That reminds. I've lost my hardwood Mtn Ocarina and would love to purchase one.....none available, so if any
would like to sell theirs please let me know.
Robert

Start out slow, then slow down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: