Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 31, 2020, 10:15:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: That tumble-down shack in Athlone  (Read 3084 times)
Uncle Sam
Active Newbie

« on: July 06, 2013, 04:53:55 am »

Greetings MO fans!

Here's a sweet Irish Ballad from 1918 called "That tumble-down shack in Athlone" played on my Poly G MO.
I recorded this tune on my laptop using a free program called MultitrackStudio.  Hope you like it.

http://www.my-audiosharing.com/audios/1663/that-tumble-down-shack-in-athlone.html

LibertyJustice
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:54:25 am »

Nice job!  You have a real talent for using ornamentation and other techniques to convey the emotion of the song.  Keep up the good work!

Pat Anderson

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:56 am »

Very nice!  I took a quick look at the MultitrackStudio page, and am wondering what it has that Audacity doesn't?  The "Lite" version has considerably less than Audacity, and the commercial version does not seem to have anything more.  Audacity is free and MultitrackStudio versions are $69 or $119.  Not saying they might not be worth it, but is is really hard to see what they might have that you can't get for free with Audacity...

IzzyB
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »

Nice recording UncleSam! I have recently been practicing finger articulation, so this video was particular apropo with many great examples of how to use them in context. Thanks!

Izzy
Uncle Sam
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:55:50 am »

Thanks guys for enjoying the song.  The Mountain Ocarinas are so well constructed, I find it hard to over-blow a note.  When playing, I imagine myself whistling the tune or singing it like a lyric tenor would.  The MultitrackStudio- lite program is just something simple I found to record some duet and trio stuff.  Yes, Audacity is a great program with a lot more features and it's free.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: