Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 05:49:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIRECT HIT!!!  (Read 4969 times)
Calculus

« on: November 23, 2013, 04:21:02 am »

First off, I'm Phoenician. (Arizona) It doesn't rain often here, but when it does, it usually pours, and the streets range from heavily puddled to suitable for kayaking. (Yes. Kayaking.) Needless to say my shoes grips on the sidewalk were a tad below average. The side-to-side grips of the shoes I was wearing were especially bad. I was running along at about 7.5mph, minding my own business, g MO on my neck, when this solid steel bar attached to a light post appeared out of nowhere! It was between pinky and ring finger hole height and, as I weigh over 200 pounds, if I tried to dodge it I was certainly going to slip, fall, and hurt something. So I thought to myself (in the split second allowed), "I'm just gonna run into it and hope my ocarina survives..."

No functional damage whatsoever to the ocarina, but some manly red paint battle scars to show off.

Amazing.

Don't mess with me random bar in my path! My Ocarina will beat you up!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:59:04 am by Calculus » Logged
Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

That is amazing your ocarina survived a hit like that.  I thought it would have split apart at the seams.   I know that none of the clay or plastic potato  ocarinas would have a chance at survival.

Did you get a nice ocarina shaped bruise on you?

Calculus

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:16:27 am »

Somehow, I didn't get bruised at all. It's a good thing I was wearing my ocarina, because I otherwise would have. I would have thought that kind of impact would at least damage the glue, and therefore the performance, but no, the seam is fully intact.

These ain't no stink'n pansy clay ocarinas! (which would have probably left my chest rather bloody...)

I wonder how much force it does take to break one of these things!

endlessnotebooks
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:43:47 pm »

I'd rather not find out.

LeakyDuck

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:24:44 am »

I'd rather not find out.
Ditto

Auroch

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:21 pm »

Doesn't surprise me at all:)
MOs are designed to withstand serious battering.

Auroch
Calculus

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:25 am »

I'm seriously worried about my chest now, considering I've started in-line skating while wearing my G around my neck... At least I can use it as a horn, scare the **** out of people, and, hopefully warn them to move out of my way...

Scott Maness

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 05:01:19 am »

Mine have withstood my occasional clumsiness.  Smiley

They are extremely well built.  It is an instrument that I know won't break. 

I sometimes pass my warmstone to my toddler.  If it gets slobbery, I just wash it off. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: