Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 08:20:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My progress on my MO  (Read 3888 times)
stevencogar79
Active Newbie

« on: April 20, 2014, 12:53:49 am »

I have not started my my MO or learning course yet but I am still practicing with my 4 hole pendent hoping to receive my MO and Course in the mail this week so i am looking forward to playing it

stevencogar79
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

I have never really been interested in learning to play music until recently. My grandpa always wanted one of his many grandsons to learn an instrument, and since i have recently developed severe anxiety attacks i have found that keeping my mind busy helps with the attacks. I like the ocarina because of its portability and ruggedness so i can take it with me for when i start feeling jittery. I can pull it out and play a few minutes, or do finger exercises. It calms me a ton even though I'm not really good. I still need tabs to play anything that sounds like music lol so I usually just do the scales if I don't have any music with me on my 4 hole pendent ocarina, since i haven't gotten my MO poly-g yet. I can't wait till i get it so i can spend time learning it's nuances, and getting better playing lovely music. Thanks for letting me rant a little. have a lovely day.

stevencogar79
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:31 pm »

I have received my MO yesterday i am working on the learning course unit 1 right now i really enjoy the sound of my new ocarina

stevencogar79
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:46 pm »

I got my MO in the mail yesterday. Today i am working on unit 1 in the learning course. I love the sound of the MO

cerescop

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:06:12 am »

Welcome Steven, glad you have received your ocarina and the course. I think its on page 24 at the bottom of the page are a set of notes to play which are mainly just a scale. The notes are intended to hold, until you get the sound you want from the instrument.  You can vary finger placement and  breath pressure until you get that perfect  pitch. Then hold it.  This gives you memory in both muscle and mind to create that sound again. I think its called the long note exercise. It really helped me to  get the ocarina sounding the way I wanted it to.  Its ment to hold the note about a second or two, but longer if need be.  Again welcome and hope to hear more soon. Mitch.

Auroch

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 12:20:58 am »

Welcome and keep us posted as to your progress!
Enjoy the MO:)

Auroch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: