Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 05:40:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting  (Read 2369 times)
PonderWolf

« on: June 18, 2014, 02:54:42 am »

I played my Poly Oc while stationed in Iraq in 2009, as well as my ukulele. I came home so messed up I gave it up all together. I have bought a concert uke, and now have a hardwood G mountain oc. I want to try again. Met a guy that plays guitar, he says he wants to play together, but he is just a kid, he can't relied on.

Karl, this is a beautiful Oc. I love it and the sound. Well done. It is a beautiful instrument, and it sounds crisp and clear. I'm still waiting on feed back about me burning runes into it.

PonderWolf

cerescop

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

Runes? That would be neat. Theres not alot you can do with a poly. See polycarbonate plastic never really dries and its hard to get things to stick to it for long.  I have see paint and other surface covering put onto the  poly carbonate but not that lasted. I would like to see a mother of pearl inlay but the poly isnt to thick.  A scrimshaw of a fowl or leaping fish might be great also.  I will totter along with the plain black poly. Its the sound not the looks. Good to hear you decided to get back into it. My son was in Iraq and has PTSD. He came back and  was on some pretty hard drugs to help him over some rough patches.  He seems to be much better now, thank you for your service...Mitch

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: