Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 09:14:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the forum dead?  (Read 12549 times)
PonderWolf

« on: June 21, 2014, 08:00:09 am »

Why is the forum dead? Why isn't anyone responding?

kypfer

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:08:51 pm »

What is there to say that hasn't been said already  Huh

I'm quite sure if someone came up with a new and interesting subject that related to Mountain Ocarinas there'd be a whole slew of recommendations and comments. As it is, other than vague references to "the pro-range" (that's been on the books for a l-o-o-o-ng time), most subjects have been fairly comprehensively covered.

The Mountain Ocarina, as fine as it is, is an instrument with a limited musical range and consequently limited public interest. As good as it may be as an introductory instrument, it is expensive, especially when compared to something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXYuTaIydx8 , and lets be honest, once you've got the basic 8 or nine notes mastered, the world is your oyster  Shocked

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Danny Delaney
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:34:03 pm »

I actually didn't even know this existed. I think since not every ocarinist has a Mountain Ocarina, it means that this group is quite exclusive. I know I started my journey through ocarina playing using the ocarina network (TON) forum. I'm interested to see what's here, though.

At the very least, I think it'll be fun if there're some recordings/videos from mountain ocarina owners on here.

cerescop

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:14 am »

Danny there are many on YouTube, check under name Ubizmo. He plays well and is helpful. Grin

Danny Delaney
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:27:43 pm »

Thanks Cerescop Smiley I've actually met Ubizmo before! We were both at the Dallas Ocarina meet-up last October. And I agree, he plays FANTASTIC!

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 01:49:03 pm »

I have to agree with Kypfer that until the Pro-Range comes out, we've probably exhausted most of the topics related to Mountain Ocarinas. Any forum dedicated to a specific product, or line of product, tends to go quiet until something new is released.

TicTocOc
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 04:50:57 am »

Is there ANY news on the prorange model? Is there even a chance it will be available in the future at all?

Harp Player

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:36:10 pm »

The last I heard ( which was a long time ago) they were having  issues with getting the CNC machine right. It would be nice to get an update every now and again.

TicTocOc
Active Newbie

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:01 am »

That it would Harp!! I just got my poly g & c a couple of weeks ago and love them. I cannot wait to buy a couple prorange, hopefully sooner than later!

Harp Player

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 06:31:35 am »

I have been waiting for 3 years now, and other have been waiting even longer.  It is starting to feel like the 80 computer market.  Anyone remember the term vaporware ?

kypfer

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:11:43 am »

Not sure that it's quite "vapour-ware", but yes, Karl has been working on the "pro-range" for over 10 years now !!

See http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/6914179.html

There can be a whole world of difference between getting an individual prototype functioning on the bench and coming up with a repeatable procedure for profitable mass-production  Cry

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
mattinao
Active Newbie

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 08:49:39 pm »

hope this place isnt dead, i just ordered my ocarina and want to learn! lol

Auroch

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »

It's far from dead.
You could say it's somewhat asleep...though there are always stirrings and the support is there when needed.
Congrats on the order:)

Auroch
DeTerminator
Active Newbie

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 02:51:20 am »

It's far from dead.
You could say it's somewhat asleep...though there are always stirrings and the support is there when needed.
Congrats on the order:)

Yeah, what he said...

Harp Player

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:33 am »

The forum is not dead it is just holding it's breath while waiting on the "Pro Range"   Sadly we have been waiting for a long time, but from what I understand the wait is about over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: