Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 20, 2019, 11:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 2850 times)
Lindum
Active Newbie

« on: July 02, 2014, 10:05:50 pm »

I originally joined in 2011 and was able to login for only two months before my computer decided to log me off the forum. Unfortunately some glitch stopped me logging back in.  Embarrassed My previous name was wariric and I still live in Nottinghamshire. Shamefully I was seduced by a mandolin and gave my G and C polyocs to my daughter who is a six hole ocarina fan, so never touched them, because there 'are too many holes'. Recently during a tidy up they surfaced in her drawer and I managed to get them back, making the vow that I would become proficient in the jigs, reels and hornpipes I used to play on the tin whistle.(At least if you accidentally tread on a polycarbonate ocarina it does not end up a funny shape and unplayable.) Grin

cerescop

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:37:44 am »

That is tue but be careful of letting a grandaughter play with it. I got to use the warranty after that little escapade.  They have since reengineered the poly oc's so they won't come apart in that fadhion which is good. My newer pol C has had no inclination to separate.  Welcome back and enjoy your new found ocarinas.

DeTerminator
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:18:24 pm »

Welcome back, Lindum!  It's never too late to come back to playing an instrument, or instruments, that you left behind for some reason or other.  I do it all the time.  Usually, I take my skill level up a notch or two when I do that. Smiley

Scott Maness

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:10:15 am »

There is no shame in the Mandolin.   Smiley

The MO sounds great on top of my Octave mandolin.  They get along really well.

It is good to have you here on the forum.

Ayo10
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 08:42:27 am »

I too would concur with that sentiment. The mandolin is tops. I absolutely adore it. I am also a 6 hole ocarina fan too but the tuned Langley type. Don't worry Karl I think mountain ocs are the tops too!!!

I am also from the UK lindum - the West Midlands rather than East Midlands as you are. I wonder if there are other UK folk on here? Could we have a mountain oc summit in the UK one day? Oooo that gives me an idea....

Ayo Smiley

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:00:07 am by Ayo10 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: