Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 20, 2019, 11:06:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dallas Meet-up  (Read 2867 times)
Danny Delaney
Active Newbie

« on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »

Hey all,

Last year, I went to the 1st annual Big D Ocarina Meet-up in Dallas, TX. Pat Anderson and Ubizmo along with some other well-known ocarinists showed up as well and we had a great time jamming in public and getting to know each other. Turns out, the event is coming up again! It's October 10th - 11th this year. Here's a link to details about it on TON: http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7550586/1/

There's also a Fb page. I don't have that pulled up yet, but if you're interested in it, respond on here and I'll pull it out! If you have any questions about our experience last year, post on here and I'll be sure to respond. Maybe Todd and Pat will answer as well Smiley

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:58:51 pm »

I had a good time, and I hope to go again this year. I have to say, though, that by the end of the weekend I was maxed out on the sound of ocarinas! It brought home to me something that I've long suspected, namely that the ocarina sounds best in ensemble with other instruments. The simple nature of the ocarina sound can easily become overbearing when multiplied, in my opinion.

For all my admiration for the musicianship of ocarina ensembles such as GOB, from purely acoustic considerations I really don't prefer this kind of music.

Danny Delaney
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »

I definitely agree with that. I personally like piano and ocarina duets like Osawa-san does; but, I thoroughly enjoyed when Jon pulled out the hand pan for us Smiley

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:03:47 pm »

Did you go again this year? I couldn't make it but there's always next year.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: