Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 30, 2020, 11:03:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina Player Rising!  (Read 2865 times)
Dogstar
Active Newbie

« on: July 14, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »

Well, I got my ocarina and lesson pack this past Saturday afternoon. I started immediately with the preliminary lesson and lesson 1. I'm having a little resistance to learning where the notes are on the staff. And though I'm learning those first songs by ear, I don't want to be dependent on that. So I'm taking relaxing breaks and also chanting the notes, or singing them ("B, A, G. B, A, G. etc...") as the lesson plan recommended. The songs' sound and rhythm are better.

Dogstar
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:35 pm »

Well, that ocarina is a lot heavier than I thought it would be. I went looking today for a cell phone case as Karl recommended. Since they don't make those chunky cell phones anymore, the cell phone cases of that shape and size are challenging to find. However, I found a nice little case at my local Home Depot. It is marketed for phones or small tools. Uses a belt loop or carabiner.

Today, at work, I did fingering exercises while chanting the the notes of the Lesson 1 songs.

Dogstar
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:48:16 pm »

I downloaded a simple metronome app for my phone to help me stay in rhythm without focusing so much on it. I'm focusing enough on learning the notes!

Scott Maness

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:05:11 am »

Well, I got my ocarina and lesson pack this past Saturday afternoon.

Which ocarina did you get?

It sounds like you are doing pretty well, getting off to a good start.

How has it been going?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: