Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 06:48:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alternate fingering  (Read 6005 times)
reedsavvy
Active Newbie

« on: August 18, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »

Are there altissimo or extra notes available to you if you over blow or alter fingers for more high notes or range?. And do you offer a double range ocarina? Or can you suggest one. I also have a sweet potato style ic c

Scott Maness

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:15 pm »

There are not any extra high notes except your normal overblown high note C note on the G ocarina or F note on the C ocarina.  To reach an overblown note on the top end you will need to speed up the airflow. 

With a recorder or flute I understand that higher octaves can be reached by the harmonics in the design of the instrument, however with a vessel flute like an ocarina those harmonics cannot be taken advantage of.  I am not a flute player and not that great on the recorder.  I believe that there are several that play both as well that could give a better answer on that. 

I understand that there is a pro-range ocarina in the works.  I am looking forward to when it is available. 

To extend your range search on the forum for "fipple bends".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: