Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 23, 2019, 01:46:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing for children  (Read 2396 times)
Scott Maness

« on: December 01, 2014, 03:16:12 am »

Playing for kids can be a lot of fun!

I had a great time playing fiddle with a good friend of mine the other day.  His 2 year old grand daughter was there and after every song she would clap and say "yay".  At one point I had pulled out my Warmstone G and played her a song.  She had never seen the instrument and was fixed on every note. 

Kids are great to play for!
 Smiley

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 06:01:45 am »

I agree that they can be great fun to play for.  Back in January of this year (2014) on of my young cousins (about 3) was at a family event. He heard a train go by but it couldn't be seen from where we were. So I pulled out my harmonica and did the train thing for him for a minute or so. He loved it and everyone that saw his reaction loved watching him. I then played a couple of other songs for him. It was definitely one of those moments that I won't soon forget.

Auroch

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:16:00 pm »

Both great!
I'm often at my friend's farm helping out with various tasks. This past summer I was there one day and his 5-ish year old grand-daughter was in the raspberry garden. I played a short song for her and the others. Her eyes were glued and after she said "I wish I could do that". I informed her that her uncle (who also lives on the farm) has an ocarina as well and that he could show her sometime (as he sees her more than I do). It's always great introducing ocarinas (and their sounds) to others.

Auroch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: