Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 17, 2019, 06:55:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 112829 times)
Jpoore
Active Newbie

« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2018, 02:11:42 pm »

Hip, Hip, Hooray !!!

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #541 on: December 10, 2018, 03:53:38 pm »

Hi, guys, I didn't mean to make anyone feel left out by not posting the Coda launch here.  I chose to send the announcement to you all on the notification list first instead of this more public forum because our new website is still a work in progress. Also, the number of Codas available before Christmas is limited, and I wanted to make sure people on the notification list were rewarded for their patience.

I'm thrilled that Coda is ready to go. At the same, I'm sorry I've been so out of touch. As you might know, we first tried to launch Coda a year ago (we even made 2,000 beautiful Codas!), but there were disappointing production flaws that needed resolving. That led to another year of troubleshooting, re-work on the molds and other equipment, writing checks Wink, long periods of waiting for one job to be completed so we could start on the next one in the chain, and a whole lot of persevering.

At some point, I developed a sense of trepidation at even the thought of posting for a couple of reasons. First, I felt like the boy who cried wolf. I'd make predictions about "when," and they would always be wrong--really wrong. Second, each post would produce a flurry of "when" questions and emails, to which I had no real answers. In fact, my answers started to sound lame, even to me. I don't mind patiently gutting it out for something I believe in, but it became stressful to try to think of new ways to say, "We're working hard, but it's not ready yet. And if I give you an expected date, I'll surely be wrong, because a company just told me they'd complete their part of the work in two weeks, and then it took them nine weeks instead."

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your faithful interest and patience!  If you do buy Coda, I hope that you come to love playing it as much as I do.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:03:54 pm by Karl » Logged
Twist

"Ars celare verum"

« Reply #542 on: December 10, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »

Karl,

Thanks so much for sticking with it. I just ordered my CODA and can hardly wait.

Dale

Twist
"Ars celare verum"
Ric
Active Newbie

« Reply #543 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:16 am »

Congratulations on the launch Karl!

Ric
Active Newbie

« Reply #544 on: December 11, 2018, 07:07:16 am »

I'm order #1,100. That's a pretty exciting first day!

Harp Player

« Reply #545 on: December 11, 2018, 07:19:24 am »

Mine was 1036 and I ordered about 2 hours after he sent out the email.

Willfcc
Active Newbie

« Reply #546 on: December 11, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »

#1014 here.  I wonder who was fastest?

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #547 on: December 11, 2018, 06:33:14 pm »

It would be great fun to start an urban rumor about a modern success story (more than 1000 flutes sold in just 2 minutes Grin ), but honesty must prevail above all else. For some reason, our brand-spanking-new Shopify cart started numbering sales at 1,000.  With that said, I was super encouraged by --and thankful for-- all the sales we had when I woke up the next morning, considering that, out of the blue, we only sent out word to a relatively small number of people after midnight (my time) on a Sunday night.

Now we are hustling like crazy to get orders ready to ship.  To all you faithful friends, thanks again!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:35:25 pm by Karl » Logged
Harp Player

« Reply #548 on: December 11, 2018, 07:41:47 pm »

Karl, you have more than earned it. You have a huge fan base, and  I am sure that many have been waiting on this for a long time.

Willfcc
Active Newbie

« Reply #549 on: December 11, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »

What's next, Karl?  A commercial during the Super Bowl?

cymbrogi
Active Newbie

« Reply #550 on: December 12, 2018, 03:20:43 am »

I snagged #1002.  I ordered before he sent out the email because I was on midnights and was following his messages on the Coda forum.  One of the very few benefits of midnights.  Wink

EriChanHime
Active Newbie

« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2018, 05:43:27 am »

I'm order #1013, which feels perfectly lucky to me! Wink I found out on Facebook and went straight to ordering. Didn't realize an email had gone out until the next morning! It would be so cool to get it before Christmas so I can take it with me to practice over the holiday. Not terribly concerned, though, as next it will be going to Hawaii with me. Smiley Music that I'm NOT afraid to take on a plane in a regular purse.

SOOOO EXCITED! Congratulations, Karl, on making it all the way!

MedicineMan

« Reply #552 on: December 13, 2018, 12:07:40 am »

I'm in too, ordered the Coda this afternoon.
Order #1120.
And I'm sure to order another one down the road.
I think I have 5 MoC's (sadly lost one).

Start out slow, then slow down.
hoodsmom

« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2018, 04:14:21 pm »

Congrats and I can't wait (order #1064)!
When are you actually shipping?
I keep getting "you'll get an email when your order is on its way" when I check tracking.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:19:47 pm by hoodsmom » Logged
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2018, 05:43:18 pm »

Quick, rushed note Smiley for your peace of mind if you purchased Coda: Oops, most orders still haven't shipped. Sorry, but no need to worry. Outstanding orders should all go out today (Friday).  Lots of things to work through with shipping Coda orders for the first time. In the future, we'll have the bugs worked out. Right now, I'm busy preparing and putting Coda clips on, and Susan is printing up orders, figuring out the finer points of our new shopping cart, etc.

I'll explain more about the clip in the future.  Personally, I love the clip. It's a game changer for me in that it allows me to keep Coda on me whenever.  I believe in the clip so much that I decided to include it for free on all Codas, but since I don't have any help at this point, that decision has created a lot of extra work for me.

Will you love the clip?  I hope you'll let me know after you use it for a bit.  Over the past several months, the special 3M "tape" has held up in a permanent sense for me, but I want you to know that you can still remove the clip if you need to.  Anyway, we'll talk more about clips and other fascinating topics when I have a bit more time.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:43:03 pm by Karl » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38
  Print  

Jump to: