Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 13, 2018, 05:26:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 109603 times)
TicTocOc
Active Newbie

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:41 pm »

Hearing it first by playing it was what I was hoping for, but at this point I would just love to hear and see it in a video.

Harp Player

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 08:43:34 pm »

At one time Karl had a video posted of him playing one of his prototypes somewhere on the website.   I wish I could remember where I saw it.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

Re:
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 10:41:44 pm »

I think he just held it up, but didn't play it. I could be wrong.

I think it's important to understand that at the same time these prototypes are being refined, regular single-chamber MOs have to be produced. Each prototype variant it's time-consuming to build, from Karl's description of the process, so it can take a long time to test a small number of variations individually. Combining them obviously takes even longer.

Sent via Tapatalk

Harp Player

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 02:00:39 am »

Well it has been about 6 months since this thread started.  I was wondering how much sooner it will be before the pro-range hits the shelves so to speak?

Calculus

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2015, 12:01:10 pm »

All I'm going to say is, "Just make sure these questions stay on the forums and don't keep Karl away from his work with phone/email responses."

ubizmo

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2015, 07:08:08 pm »

Well it has been about 6 months since this thread started.  I was wondering how much sooner it will be before the pro-range hits the shelves so to speak?

I don't have an answer to that, but I can say in general terms that the development process is exceedingly slow for a number of reasons. The main one, however, is that the turnaround time for getting a prototype, testing, and creating a modified prototype is quite lengthy -- easily a month, sometimes more.

The prototype I tested in late 2014 was pretty much ready for market, by may standards, but Karl's standards are several rungs higher than mine! As I think I mentioned, he really wanted to reduce the size of a couple of the tone holes. That's anything but easy to do, without throwing the tuning of the whole thing off; so he had to do a lot of experimentation, and there's just no way to do it quickly.

Anyway, last I heard, he has a prototype he's pretty happy with, so that's very promising.

R-Jay
Active Newbie

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:20 pm »

I hope that the new model comes out soon.  The online store is out of stock of hardwood and warmstone instruments. 

kypfer

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 06:51:45 am »

R-Jay wrote:
The online store is out of stock of hardwood and warmstone instruments

If you're in a rush, there appear to be a couple of "seconds" still available on this list :

http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=2394.msg18015#msg18015

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:53:50 am by kypfer » Logged

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Harp Player

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2016, 03:31:37 am »

Ok this thread was started over a year ago.  Is their anything new going on with the ProRange?  I am still waiting and saving my pennies.

ubizmo

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2016, 11:39:14 pm »

Ok this thread was started over a year ago.  Is their anything new going on with the ProRange?  I am still waiting and saving my pennies.

There definitely is. Wink

via Tapatalk

Harp Player

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2016, 01:42:28 am »

Can you be a little more specific, or are you bound to secrecy?

I just hope you haven't taken a blood oath or anything like that.

ubizmo

Re:
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »

I'm not bound to secrecy, but I don't want to say anything out of turn either. A lot has been going on in the year since I started this thread, and when I did so neither Karl not I thought it would take a year to get to where things are now. Otherwise I wouldn't have started it, just to avoid raising expectations.

But I can say that things have moved forward a great deal, obstacles have been overcome, and we should have an announcement very soon.

I've been waiting for this since 2008. I know Karl has been waiting, and working, a lot longer than that.

via Tapatalk

Twist

"Ars celare verum"

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2016, 03:13:56 pm »

I really want to get one. Been waiting for what seems like forever.

Twist
"Ars celare verum"
R-Jay
Active Newbie

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:40 pm »

Ubizmo wrote:

>The "ProRange" is not, in fact, vaporware.<

Still awaiting evidence to prove otherwise. 

Huh

Harp Player

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2016, 04:53:11 am »

Still saving my pennies. I have several containers of them now. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: