Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
September 25, 2018, 07:08:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 107907 times)
Harp Player

« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2017, 07:26:11 am »

Ubizmo your youtube link is broken.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2017, 02:46:49 pm »

Ubizmo your youtube link is broken.

Thanks. I put in a simple link instead of trying to embed. Seems to work now.

d102

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2017, 09:46:32 am »

Link worked just fine and I really enjoyed Down by the Salley Gardens along with the pictures of Ireland.  O course not so good for studying technique, but very inspiring.  A great post.

d102

« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2017, 11:35:20 am »

Well, I have checked this site just about every day for the last month since Karl's last bit of news, hoping for some new progress on Coda but again it has gone very quiet.

Any chance of a brief update, just to keep us impatient people up to date? 

kypfer

« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2017, 08:20:12 am »

Well, I have checked this site just about every day for the last month since Karl's last bit of news, hoping for some new progress on Coda but again it has gone very quiet.

Some of us have been checking "just about every day" for the last 5 years or more ... we've learnt in that time that things will happen when they're meant to happen and not a second sooner  Roll Eyes

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
K-Ninja
Active Newbie

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2017, 04:03:09 am »

Some of us have been checking "just about every day" for the last 5 years or more ... we've learnt in that time that things will happen when they're meant to happen and not a second sooner  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

I agree with Kypfer about people checking about almost everyday. But I've noticed that due to the making of this new ocarina Karl is investing all his time in, the other types of ocarinas have kind of been left out. I don't think you can get any other ocarina MO sells other than the polys. And I think they are low as well.

Harp Player

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2017, 06:15:50 am »

Right now the only one showing is the polly G.  It has been that way for quite some time.  I think that Karl addressed that in one of his posts on this thread a while back.  I am one of the people that has been checking in every day for several years as well.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

Re:
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:57 pm »

At this point it all comes down to working out details of the manufacturing process.  I've never done anything like this so I can only invasions the headaches.  But for a small business, unlike say Yamaha or Bundy, this is stuff you have to get right the first time. Even the color is constrained. Certain colors will work, others won't.

But the main thing is, unlike most of the past years of development, Coda is a fully finished product. The design decisions have been made and tested. It's fully functional. Now it's all about bringing it to the world. 

via Tapatalk

Tuna
Active Newbie

Re:
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2017, 10:38:16 am »

Now it's all about bringing it to the world. 

Like hatching a dragon egg

kypfer

Re:
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2017, 04:29:20 pm »

Now it's all about bringing it to the world. 

Like hatching a dragon egg

I knew a lady who used to breed dragons ... apparently it's not as easy as it sounds!

(bearded dragons, that is Wink

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Tuna
Active Newbie

Re:
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2017, 09:42:49 pm »

My point exactly! Even in fantasy novels it usually doesn't happen overnight.

EriChanHime
Active Newbie

« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:52 pm »

Anyone have any updates on this little guy? Or-for those who tested prototypes-any sounds samples or use videos? I'm looking forward to the more oval tone holes on the Coda; I feel those are a little more naturally shaped that the round holes on many ocarinas. I'm fascinated to see if/how it changes playing form.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »

Once again, I’m grateful to all you guys for your interest, encouragement, and patient support. I don’t mean to leave you hanging.  Since I last posted, I’ve done a lot of research, some prototyping, and a couple of 3D prints in order to address a few concerns that the mold makers had. For instance, we had to redesign Coda’s joints, get my mold designer to institute the changes, etc. 

Five minutes ago, I called to check on the ultrasonic welding expert who is reviewing my latest “finished” design. He hasn’t completed the review yet, but he says everything looks good so far. If (and only if) he approves our “new and improved” joint design this week, then we’ll finally be able to place an order for the molds this week. After I place the order, they have estimated that we should have our first parts in 10 to 12 weeks. We’ve never been closer.  However… caution alert! You faithful followers have heard this type of news before. (How many times?) Let’s expect the best but be prepared if there's some other small issue that they say needs tweaking.

Having just reread all your postings since my last one, I will now address a few questions that came up.  However, in order to keep this post short (and to fool any forum newbies into thinking that I post a lot more frequently than I actually do), I’ll spread my answers to your questions across a few posts.

If you would like to be on the Coda waiting list, please email us at info@MountainOcarinas.com.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:25:02 pm by Karl » Logged
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2017, 09:27:19 pm »

What are Coda’s Dimensions? 

Coda is very pocket-sized and light. It is meant to keep on you, and is designed to be both easy to carry and easy to play.

--Coda is only 5” long (12.7 cm),

--2.33” (5.9 cm) at it widest point,

--1.25” (3.175 cm) thick at its thickest point toward the head,

--and 0.9” (2.29 cm) thick at the tail. 

--It weighs 2.2 ounces,

--or 2.4 ounces with the clip.

By the way, I love wearing Coda with the optional clip! Coda also has a built-in lanyard hole for wearing on your belt, around your neck, etc.   Coda will be matte black with a gold logo. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:31:23 pm by Karl » Logged
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »

How much will Coda cost?  Those of you who know me know that I worry a lot more about keeping prices affordable than perhaps I should.  Originally, the cost for Coda was going to have to be around $400 each because of the design complexity and labor required.  After testing various production methods over time, we finally committed to injection molding so that Coda would not be a rare, expensive flute that only a relatively few people could afford.

For some time now, I’ve been telling whoever asked me that the price for Coda was going to be just under $100.  Recently, after a lot of deliberation, I decided to lower that price to $49.95.  On the one hand, our profit per unit will be much lower, which can be scary after all the years and expense we’ve put into this so far and the high costs for quality tooling still ahead. On the other hand, I believe in Coda, and I think the lower price will put it within the reach of a lot more people.

Coda will be made entirely within the United States.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: