Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
September 25, 2018, 06:49:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 107900 times)
Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »

Quote from: Karl
So, to keep you from worrying about whether "maybe your instrument is defective," we may choose to add texturing to the top and bottom surfaces of Coda.

Wouldn't texturing also improve the sliding of the fingers?... I'm not being clear, am I? A smooth surface can be sticky, or rather, fingers can stick more easily to a smooth surface, and so slide more easily on a slightly textured surface ... no?

Quote from: Karl
Note of interest: the Coda (Compact Optimized Dual Aerophone) logo also reflects the shape of our unique toneholes.

All the letters, or just the O?

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »

Wouldn't texturing also improve the sliding of the fingers?... I'm not being clear, am I? A smooth surface can be sticky, or rather, fingers can stick more easily to a smooth surface, and so slide more easily on a slightly textured surface ... no?
You are clear, and that's a great question! Personally, I tend to use slides a fair amount. As you know, the first instruments from our new mold are smooth, i.e. without texturing, but several of my previous 3D printed prototypes have natural texturing. Based on experience, texturing seems to be a neutral issue. Slides work well on both versions.

Note of interest: the Coda (Compact Optimized Dual Aerophone) logo also reflects the shape of our unique toneholes.

All the letters, or just the O?
There is a repetition of theme. Both the outer oval (which has the same ratio, 0.7:1, as the unequal halves of our bisected toneholes) surrounding the word "Coda"and the letter "O" are bisected by the same vertical line in the "O." It's abstract of course, as well as is the name "Coda." 

As most of you know, the stylized "O" is an actual coda symbol, which, in musical notation, signals one to move ahead to the resolution of a piece of music--or, in this case, to the resolution of a long, long musical journey.  A take anywhere, fluid-fingering, two-octave chromatic flute that fits in the palm of your hand.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:50:35 pm by Karl » Logged
Tuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #332 on: July 26, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »

It works on so many levels.

DeTerminator
Active Newbie

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2017, 01:07:21 am »

Just like elevator jokes... Grin

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2017, 05:48:19 pm »

Just like elevator jokes...
Now you're just being silly. I was about to share some serious stuff, like Coda's nuclear jetpack option, but now I'm not even going to bother because it's clearly all a joke to you. Wink

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2017, 11:07:17 am »

Which does matter in the making of a logo.

I was about to share some serious stuff, like Coda's nuclear jetpack option

As long as it less than doubles the price of the regular Coda, I'm interested.

windjammer

« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2017, 01:36:39 pm »

So Karl, what are you going to do with those clear CODA units? Wink

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »

I think they'll be going into the Coda prototype museum, which will eventually be donated to the Smithsonian.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2017, 05:03:26 pm »

So Karl, what are you going to do with those clear CODA units?

Hmmm, I see what you are hinting at. They only gave me a half dozen. Since they are clear, I put 3 of them down and now I can't find them anywhere. (I just heard a crunch, so I may have stepped on one.) The other three had already been reserved in advance: one for the master, one for the dame, and one for the little boy who lives down the lane. No, actually, one went to the ultrasonic welder, one to Ubizmo, one gave it's life for one type of testing, another for another type of testing, and I do have to hold onto the last two for the Coda museum after I am done making sound samples with them. Whenever possible, I like to keep prototypes of all stages of development to document progress.

Without going into a detailed explanation (for once), I don't have plans to sell clear Codas.

Of course, for the right price, I'd give up Ubizmo's address and a detailed schedule of when he leaves his house unattended, but I'm pretty sure that he takes his Coda with him when he goes out.

The spring-loaded nuclear jetpack option will indeed be a bit pricey, but we may include it free with the purchase of a life-size solid gold chess set. Anyway, I have to get back to work now. Obviously, I'd rather chat with you guys than put my nose to the grindstone. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:19:18 pm by Karl » Logged
ubizmo

« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »

Of course, for the right price, I'd give up Ubizmo's address and a detailed schedule of when he leaves his house unattended, but I'm pretty sure that he takes his Coda with him when he goes out.

You'd better believe it. The invisible Coda is always with me. And in case of emergency I still carry a weaponized aluminium MO. Just sayin.

It's actually very exciting to know that Coda really is at the point where it's no longer a planned instrument. It's a real instrument that will soon be available to everyone.

I play Coda every day, for over a year now. I don't play my MOs anymore. My muscle and musical memory has been completely transferred to Coda. I've played Coda in public, and when people ask me what that funny looking thing is I just say Coda (it's not really funny looking but it is different).

I will be happy to upgrade to a Cobalt blue Coda, however. The clear one looks like a sketch for a finished work of art. As a musician who has played sax, recorder, ocarina, tin whistle and whatever else at various times for over fifty years I can say that Coda is in a class by itself. I completely understand how impatient everyone here is and all I can say is, it's worth the wait. Coda rocks!

windjammer

« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2017, 01:30:16 am »

Way to rub it in ubizmo!  Angry Roll Eyes Cheesy
Sometime I would like to see it if possible?  Smiley

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2017, 10:20:35 am »

The invisible Coda is always with me.

Sometime I would like to see it if possible?  Smiley

Grin

ubizmo

« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2017, 05:15:35 pm »

No problem, have a look.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

windjammer

« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »

Thats funny!!!  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Grin

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »

Well, I must admit, on this Coda, the logo is very discreet.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: