Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
December 15, 2017, 11:17:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 52936 times)
d102
Active Newbie

« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:41 am »

In other news, hopefully, this is the week when they will run black and perhaps dark cobalt blue parts. Let's see!

Still waiting to find out the news on this tease.   Smiley

DeTerminator
Active Newbie

« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2017, 02:45:20 pm »

Hey, is today Obizmo's birthday?  Not sure, but pretty darn close.  I bet he's having fun with his new clear Coda...

withnoe
Active Newbie

« Reply #362 on: August 16, 2017, 04:51:54 pm »

delete

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:57:40 pm by withnoe » Logged
withnoe
Active Newbie

« Reply #363 on: August 16, 2017, 07:58:07 pm »

In other news, hopefully, this is the week when they will run black and perhaps dark cobalt blue parts. Let's see!

Still waiting to find out the news on this tease.   Smiley

Me too!!!!!!

Harp Player

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2017, 09:48:54 pm »

I would love to hear an update about the CODA, I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

windjammer

« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »

I would love to hear an update about the CODA, I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

Me to, Harp player.

Karl

Coda player

« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2017, 02:54:28 am »

Me, too! (Except the part about having a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket.)

To the best of my ability, I'll post an update tomorrow, 8/24/17.

windjammer

« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2017, 04:15:00 am »

Thanks Karl. Cheesy

Karl

Coda player

« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2017, 03:35:56 am »

Well, I've been holding off on posting because I keep hoping to share encouraging news.

Since back in July, I've been expecting parts any day, but issues keep coming up: the tool was still out for hardening, the color concentrate had not arrived yet, etc.  As of yesterday, the latest word from the molder is, "Guys are finishing up another job and you are next in line for install.  As soon as we are ready I will call so you can come down and see the parts."

In the original quote, we were supposed to have finished parts within 10 to 12 weeks.  It's not like I'm counting or anything, but, as of today, 22 weeks have passed since I officially placed an order for the Coda injection mold, and 8 and a half weeks just since we received our first clear sample parts. As you can see, we are running a tiny bit behind.

Of course, this is frustrating, but any really important project requires patience. Hopefully, all the many challenges and delays will soon be a distant, vague memory once we have finished Codas in hand. We've waited this long. I'm at least 98.9% sure that waiting a little longer won't kill us.

As soon as I know anything more, YOU will be the first to know!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:41:06 am by Karl » Logged
Harp Player

« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2017, 05:12:53 am »

Thanks for the update Karl.  I know it has to be very frustrating for you because you have invested a huge amount of time and money into this process, and the rewards are way behind in coming to you.

d102
Active Newbie

« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2017, 06:10:09 am »

Thank you for the update it is much appreciated, frustrating for everyone especially Karl, but at least things are still moving ahead even if a bit slower than expected. 

Karl

Coda player

« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2017, 02:34:57 pm »

Thanks for the support, guys!  And guess what!  They just called to say they are now running my mold, so I'm going to drop everything and head on down to the molders for a look. Will texturing be needed? I'll update you soon.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:56:55 pm by Karl » Logged
Karl

Coda player

« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »

Okay, I picked up the "black" parts yesterday at the molder. They came out nice except that... they were actually dark brown. Something about that felt slightly off. Thus, I drove to the home of some trusted friends, and we all agreed that a more typical black would be more expected and attractive. (As mentioned in an earlier post, when I ask for aesthetic opinions, I am careful not to poison the well by telling interviewees ahead of time what I think --or what others think-- before they make their own independent decision.)

We'll get the color right.

More importantly, we made the difficult decision that it would be best to apply texture to the mold faces. As expected from my experience with previous molds, there were slight knit lines around some of the toneholes, which can appear as thin scratches in the proper light. 

As a result of that decision, they now have to take the mold apart and truck it off to a company in Massachusetts that is a worldwide expert in texturing. There, they will carefully mask some areas and then chemically etch the hardened steel to leave an attractive texture on the top and bottom faces. This should take a week or two. 

Why was this a difficult decision? Well, as you may remember, the mold weighs almost half a ton, has lots of water lines, and is a pain to disassemble, assemble, or transport, all of which require time, effort, and $$$, so I'm sure the molder would be a lot happier if I would just forgo the texturing. What happened next is not something I am proud of.  Under the pressure of the moment, I wound up throwing you guys under the bus, blaming my ornery pickiness on you, my esteemed future Coda players. At least I didn't give up any names, so if anybody asks, you still have plausible deniability.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:33:55 pm by Karl » Logged
Harp Player

« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2017, 12:21:50 am »

Thanks for the update Karl sigh, maybe I will get a CODA before I die of old age.

windjammer

« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2017, 01:00:06 am »

Thanks for the update Karl sigh, maybe I will get a CODA before I die of old age.

Hey fellow harp player. I hope we don't loose you for a long,long time.
Karl is getting up there in years to. We don't want to loose Him to old age either.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: