Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 13, 2018, 08:01:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 109629 times)
Roderick
Active Newbie

« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2017, 09:39:08 pm »

super! merci! Grin
Coda EDC Flute (coming soon)... que veut dire EDC?
"Great! thank you! Grin
Coda EDC Flute (coming soon) ... what does EDC mean?"

It means Every Day Carry  Wink

Harp Player

« Reply #496 on: December 31, 2017, 03:16:38 am »

I am still getting to know my CODA, but I can say it is is a very good instrument and well worth the wait.  Hang in there guys Karl is working overtime getting things set up for general release.

Llisas

« Reply #497 on: December 31, 2017, 03:51:12 am »

I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait, and that the community will help each other with tips, videos, etc (I'll try to help with that).
We all know how much hard work Karl has put on this, I hope that this new year is going to be great for Mountain Ocarinas.

laharl666
Active Newbie

« Reply #498 on: January 01, 2018, 07:07:46 pm »

super! merci! Grin
Coda EDC Flute (coming soon)... que veut dire EDC?
"Great! thank you! Grin
Coda EDC Flute (coming soon) ... what does EDC mean?"

It means Every Day Carry  Wink

thank you Roderick   Smiley

The Frenchman who doesn't speak English
laharl666
Active Newbie

« Reply #499 on: January 01, 2018, 07:09:41 pm »

happy New Year friends!  Grin

Roderick
Active Newbie

« Reply #500 on: January 02, 2018, 04:41:28 am »

Happy new year everyone!  Cheesy

Llisas

« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2018, 04:00:33 pm »

Are there any news?  Grin

laharl666
Active Newbie

« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2018, 07:50:43 pm »

J'allais poser la męme question...  Grin
"I was going to ask the same question...  Grin"

d102

« Reply #503 on: January 13, 2018, 08:07:45 am »

You beat me to the question, I was planning on waiting until the 16th which would be exactly one month since the last bit of information (by email).  There must be a lot of us still waiting to get our hands on the Coda and the excellent pictures sent out (again by email) just make me more impatient. It looks really good, sounds good in the samples and I am very impatient to try it out, but there seems to be a total lack of information about what is happening.

Harp Player

« Reply #504 on: January 16, 2018, 06:55:09 am »

I can't speak for Karl, but I do know that he is working on some learning videos, other learning materials,as well as getting a CODA forum ready. Remember Mountains Ocarians is a small outfit so it takes them longer to do stuff than megacorp inc. can crank things out.

d102

« Reply #505 on: January 16, 2018, 07:48:57 am »

I can't speak for Karl, but I do know that he is working on some learning videos, other learning materials,as well as getting a CODA forum ready. Remember Mountains Ocarians is a small outfit so it takes them longer to do stuff than megacorp inc. can crank things out.

All sound great, but 10 minutes invested in letting customers know what is happening with the production of the Coda would be good too.

Tuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:52 pm »

No need to get antsy waiting for updates at this point. We have already seen pictures, heard sound samples, and been informed that there are just a few hoops to jump through before they go into full production. Seems there really isn't much left that would constitute a meaningful update besides just announcing when they are available for sale.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #507 on: January 18, 2018, 07:31:29 pm »

Hi, guys, I apologize for the lack of updates and for not answering some of your emails. I'm a rather poor multi-tasker. I thought we'd be able to keep all the folks on the waiting list updated by group emails, but it's more complicated than I thought.

Right now, I'm trying to focus on preparing Coda support tools for when Coda is available for purchase. We're working on the new Coda forum and its content: support videos, play-along backing tracks for the Coda book (the book is only suitable for those who read music), and a Learning to Play Coda curriculum for those who don't read music.

I say "trying" because my son was recently married, my wife and I gave up our offices to build an in-law suite for new family members, and now workers are busy renovating the rest of our house. We are continually moving things from one part of the house to another. Since I work out of my home these days, this has been more than a little challenging and distracting. Besides frequent consultations with the builders (who are great guys, by the way!), try recording sound samples or videos when they are pounding nails into the other side of your wall or ripping up a floor down the hall! I'm learning to take advantage of the quiet moments. In fact, the builders left a few minutes ago, so I need to wrap this up quick.

What about Coda?  As many of you know, the first batch of 2,000 instruments was a total loss because they didn't do the second of the ultrasonic welds to specifications. We spent a lot of time after that trying to salvage some, but it was not feasible. That was a huge blow financially (what is 2,000 x $59.95?), but I've been forcing myself to focus on the positive side. It has allowed us more time to get Coda supports ready, which is something I wanted to do all along.

Unfortunately, we used up all our Xylar resin on the first batch and could not obtain more unless we bought about $5,000 worth of material, which was not a realistic option at this point. Believe it or not, it has taken the molders until now to find a readily available alternative to Xylar, one with the same toughness, molding qualities, and FDA foodsafe approval. They just molded a small test batch in clear today, and we plan to double check the ultrasonic welding on Wednesday (I hope!) when their ultrasonic welder should become available.

So when will Coda be available? I don't know. This is a process that involves a lot of waiting. Meanwhile, all we can do is hang in there and try to get more supports in place to help future Coda newbies.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:16:02 pm by Karl » Logged
d102

« Reply #508 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »

Thanks Karl,
the update really is much appreciated, running out of the resin to mold with was not one of the pitfalls I had forseen.

Really looking forward to the day you say that the Codas are ready to go.

In the meantime good luck with the builders.   Smiley

Shar
Active Newbie

« Reply #509 on: January 19, 2018, 05:30:59 am »

Thank you, Karl. Sorry about the setback. Congratulations about your son's wedding. The CODA WILL happen.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36
  Print  

Jump to: