Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
December 15, 2018, 06:49:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to talk about...the "ProRange"  (Read 111321 times)
Tuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2018, 11:18:43 am »

Hey if you ever need an unlicensed contractor just give me a call

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2018, 03:08:48 pm »

What about Coda?  As many of you know, the first batch of 2,000 instruments was a total loss because they didn't do the second of the ultrasonic welds to specifications. We spent a lot of time after that trying to salvage some, but it was not feasible. That was a huge blow financially (what is 2,000 x $59.95?),

How come? It was their mistake; shouldn't they pay for it?

withnoe
Active Newbie

« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:28 pm »

There must be more to the error than we understand.

d102

« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:49 am »

These things are usually complicated and if I was involved I would be very wary of discussing them on a public web site, far too many legal implications.

More important is that tomorrows trial weld goes smoothly and results in a perfectly formed Coda.   I hope that Karl will give us an update if he has a few minutes to spare but know he is very busy getting support material together for when Coda does finally get released.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2018, 09:37:29 pm »

Tuna, I just laughed out loud. You said,
Hey if you ever need an unlicensed contractor just give me a call
By contractor, do you mean to work on my house? Or were you referring to the type of contracts that people sometimes take out to, uh, deal with their, uh, problems?

Sinocelt, I understand how you feel! Obviously, I felt very disappointed and angry right at first, but life has taught me something: we all frequently make mistakes, me included. My goal is to treat others in the way that I would like to be treated. If I want them to be patient with me, I have to be patient with them. In this case, I'm convinced that there was no malice involved but rather a lack of experience with projects such as mine. Besides that, over the years, every time I have gotten really angry with someone in business, I have always regretted my behavior later, so I have tried to train myself to look for positives when things like this happen. In this case, one positive is that the molders are now more determined than ever to be careful, to make up for this, and do what they can to make Coda a success. If I were to damage the vital relationship that I have with them, it might spell the end of Coda.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:39:05 pm by Karl » Logged
Tuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #515 on: January 26, 2018, 12:02:19 am »

By contractor, do you mean to work on my house? Or were you referring to the type of contracts that people sometimes take out to, uh, deal with their, uh, problems?

Either. Both.
Though I only have skills and tools to help with the first one, I'd consider the latter if it helps get the Coda in production sooner.  Grin

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »

Sinocelt, I understand how you feel! Obviously, I felt very disappointed and angry right at first, but life has taught me something: we all frequently make mistakes, me included.

Sure, but one should take responsibility for one's mistakes, not expect someone else to pay for them.

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »

Assigning clear responsibility on a project like this can be tough. There is the mold designer, the mold makers, the molders, the ultrasonic welding equipment makers, the complex nature of my design...  This is a challenging project, and I'm trying to see it through to completion. To get there, we've got to work as a team as much as possible.

Sinocelt
Active Newbie

« Reply #518 on: February 14, 2018, 07:18:52 pm »

Assigning clear responsibility on a project like this can be tough. There is the mold designer, the mold makers, the molders, the ultrasonic welding equipment makers, the complex nature of my design...  This is a challenging project, and I'm trying to see it through to completion. To get there, we've got to work as a team as much as possible.

I admire your restraint. I truly do. I wouldn't be able to bear it, were I you. There's no "team" in my mind when only one person pays the price -- and, worst of all, the one person who is demonstrably not responsible for the f* up.

laharl666
Active Newbie

« Reply #519 on: February 24, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »

Bonjour Karl,
Avez vous des nouvelles à donner à vos fidèles disciples? Wink

"Hello Karl,
Do you have news to give to your faithful followers?" Wink

The Frenchman who doesn't speak English
Harp Player

« Reply #520 on: February 24, 2018, 11:10:57 pm »

Bonjour Karl,
Avez vous des nouvelles à donner à vos fidèles disciples? Wink

"Hello Karl,
Do you have news to give to your faithful followers?" Wink

I would tell you something, but  a super secrete blood oath, and bands of biker gang enforcers keep me from saying anything. Wink

laharl666
Active Newbie

« Reply #521 on: February 25, 2018, 10:47:00 am »

I would tell you something, but  a super secrete blood oath, and bands of biker gang enforcers keep me from saying anything. Wink

Ne le dis à personne mais je suis en mission secrète pour préparer l'invasion des CODA sur le territoire français alors j'ai besoin d'informations... chut! Lips sealed Wink
"Do not tell anyone but I'm on a secret mission to prepare the invasion of CODA on French territory so I need information ... shh!" Lips sealed Wink

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:55:15 pm by laharl666 » Logged

The Frenchman who doesn't speak English
eatn4energy
Active Newbie

« Reply #522 on: March 13, 2018, 03:43:19 am »

I'm looking forward to this amazing instrument and am thankful for all the hard work and attention to detail and quality that Karl is investing in this. I realize that the mistake on the first batch was a setback. So, I'm guessing that when he gets some steps of progress he will at that point possibly give us an update if he has time. I'm willing to be patient, because it's worth the wait.  It's exciting that we're this close.  I'm looking forward to it because I will finally be able to freely share more about it.  I have always recommended Carl's ocarinas and the unmatched customer service.

MedicineMan

« Reply #523 on: April 06, 2018, 06:08:30 am »

I doubt any of you would remember me but I visited this forum several years ago.
I left active forum participation but I've never left the Mountain Ocarina Smiley

Occasionally I'd lurk in to see developments/progress on the new instrument.

I think after reading many pages catching up that 2018 just might be the year. I certainly hope so-I've aged a bit since obtaining my first MO.

I did have a thought on the many many ProRange Ocs that were 'mangled' in production.....Karl would it help if we could pre-order the new model even with the understanding that we may never see it.....I've backed many Kickstarters, most came through, but I lost money on several and I knew that possibility going in. Few of us know the financial standing of anyone other than ourselves; for what I know you (Karl) may be a multi-billionaire tooling around with this just as hobby---or maybe you could use our downpayments for food. Either way I'm willing to pay for the new instrument now with no guarantee or promise Smiley

Just give me a PayPal addy!

Robert

Start out slow, then slow down.
eatn4energy
Active Newbie

« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2018, 01:15:26 am »

I would also be glad to preorder in some way if that would help. I don't know how involved Kickstarter or Indiegogo are, but it seems like something ideal for your situation. 

It wouldn't hurt to have a PayPal link for donations for development for any loyal supporters who might want to just contribute toward the work in progress, because we appreciate your dedication to excellence and quality in your products.

Ethan

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
  Print  

Jump to: