Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
June 19, 2019, 12:32:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello From Michigan  (Read 8585 times)
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:22 am »

Hello:

I like most on this forum am an ocarina enthusiast. The genre of music that I play may be somewhat unique but is an incredible fit for this instrument - Indian Classical. I have dabbled in several instruments from Slide Guitar, Hammered Dulcimer, Flutes, and finally have found my home with this fantastic instrument.

very sincerely,
Suhale Manzoor, Esq.

Auroch

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:20:22 am »

Welcome to the forum!
Great to hear about the Indian Classical.
I definitely enjoy the genre as well.

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »

Hi Auroch - glad to know that you enjoy this genre as well. Please let me know more about what type of ICM that you play on the MO. Check out some of my videos on you-tube - almost all of them are tutorials on Indian music arranged for the MO:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0eYNh9nMX9ktmajaDEUDqg

I am adding new work almost on a daily basis. If you like any of these then please feel free do download them at the following web-site:

www.vibrasoft.com (There are Raga Notations here as well)

sincerely,
Suhale Manzoor, Esq.

Auroch

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:07 am »

Hello again
Despite my interest in ICM, I haven't actually played any on the MOs though I can share a piece that would give you an example of one type of sound I produce...I have a fairly basic recording setup.

https://soundcloud.com/auroch/the-shallow-sea-upoms-chase

As far as ICM though, I studied Tabla under Rahul Pophali at one point and of course love Zakir Hussain's playing!
I saw him and Shivkumar Sharma a few years ago and that was fantastic!

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:49 am »

Wow Auroch!!!
Fantastic music - a absolute gem of a piece there.

Very impressed with your experience with the tabla and your skills on the MO. Yes indeed Shiv Ku. Sharma and Zakir Hussain are both legends, I have never had the opportunity to see either of them in person, but have heard both separately and together several times.

Auroch

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 01:21:09 am »

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed that piece. I'm really drawn to creating adventure-style music!

It's a super-expressive, explorative and experiencing year to say the least!!!
I literally just use a small mixer and a very very inexpensive vocals mic that I bought ten or so years ago though it suits me just fine and I enjoy sharing my songs:) You're welcome to browse the others via the link below...everything from "Message from Afar" and up to the top of the list are all songs I've created so far this year (the bulk of which are all acoustic guitar and the MOs).

https://soundcloud.com/auroch

I saw Zakir and Shivkumar in Toronto, Ontario (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and I definitely want to see either of them again. Zakir is such a master on the Tabla. It's wild! His knowledge and skill level (on what I consider to be the planet's most demanding instrument haha) is absolutely astounding.

Auroch
Auroch

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 01:59:37 am »

and I've checked out your youtube channel. I like quite a few of those and I found myself mentally coming up with Tabla beats to accompany them haha! So great!

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:23 pm »

Thank you Auroch ... Yes i will most certainly check out your music - I find it very neat. Mixing music has always been a mystery to me - is there somewhere in this channel that I might find information pertinent to that aspect? Also, what kind of MO do you play G, C and warmstone, polycarb, wood?

Auroch

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:24:49 pm »

You're welcome. I'm not sure whether my personal channel on soundcloud will shed light on what you're after. I more or less just upload songs and that's about it. Do you have more specific questions as to what you'd like to figure out? I have both the G and C in polycarbonate form and those two are used for almost every single song I've put up so far. I also have a plastic triple and ceramic tuned to Eb.

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:36 am »

Auroch - the questions I have are fairly specific - Say there is a song e.g. "concerning hobbits" LOTR and I would like to play the lead in ocarina: (a) How do I procure/create the background music without the lead voice/instrument? and (b) How do I superimpose what I play over the background music track?

Good choice of ocarinas - Like you, I have a poly C and G, but very recently invested in a warmstone G. I don't see much difference in the instrument tone, the extra weight of the warmstone gives it a nice feel. Recently I spoke with Karl and was told that he is working on a model with a wider range - indeed what a difference a couple of notes can make ...

Auroch

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:52 am »

Hmmm, once a song is in mp3 form and uploaded to a site, you'd probably need to contact the person who made the song and see if they can give you just the portions you're after.

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 12:46:39 am »

I see ... thanks Auroch.

Auroch

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 01:38:12 am »

No problem. There may be other ways though I'm not consciously aware of them at this point.

Auroch
SuhaleManzoor
Active Newbie

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 11:35:37 pm »

Hi Auroch - do you read Hindustani notation? If so, let me know and I will send you some classical music that you might enjoy playing on the MO.

Auroch

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 12:05:57 am »

Hey
I'm not sure that I do (?) though I'd be interested in taking a look at it either way.
Thanks

Auroch
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: