Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 30, 2020, 10:35:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First try and toughts  (Read 3201 times)
mattinao
Active Newbie

« on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »

hiyas,
I have just received my ocarina about 10 minutes ago in the mail. My first impression is that it looks like a solid instrument, as well very light. I usually don't carry things or necklaces around my neck, but this instrument is so light i don't see it straining my neck. I use to play the clarinet, oboe, piano and many other instruments, but i stopped playing for years due to life and now I have a son that can easily break my bigger (pricier) instruments, including my clay ocarina. First i wanted to state that I am just started with the clay ocarina for a couple of weeks, the fingering on the MO is SO much easier and I was able to study for 2 minutes then jump into the songs and play them without trouble. The clay ocarina was a bit different. I have to admit I am EXTREMELY happy i picked up the MO. It allows me to return to music without having to take out and put away my larger instruments or worry about my son breaking them.

The only concern i have is for the C ocarina, I found the holes on the bottom a lil too big for my thumbs, my thumbs almost go through the hole lol Other then that A+++

-Mattinao

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:47:13 pm »

I am glad that your first experience with the MO was a good one.  It took me a couple of weeks to get it to sound right.  One thing about the MO is that it is much easier to carry around you neck than the piano Wink.

mattinao
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:11:16 am »

lol oh no doubt! I'd rather not break my neck with a piano lol Playing the clarinet for years helped me a lot i'm sure, its different but similar lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: