Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 20, 2019, 11:06:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain Ocarina in the Book of Mormon  (Read 1787 times)
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« on: November 30, 2015, 01:13:10 am »

I'm talking about the stage show, not the actual book. I went to see "The Book of Mormon" on Friday. Yes, the show is highly offensive to many people, but there is a scene where "Navalungi", the Ugandan woman who falls in love with one of the Mormon missionaries, comes to center stage, in full spotlight. She plays a single note to set the pitch, then sings. As soon as I heard the sound, I knew what it was, and when she started singing I could see a nice warmstone G on a neck cord. I was in the second row, so she was only about ten feet away. The MO was one of the lighter, sandy-colored patterns, which fit well with her "tribal" costume.

So there, MO makes it to Broadway. Well, not exactly Broadway, since this was the Forrest Theater in Philadelphia, but you know what I mean.

Tuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:12:15 am »

That's really neat. I wish the MO would grab more of a mainstream spotlight. Perhaps someday there will be a Mountain Ocarina virtuoso to play with orchestral accompaniment?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: