Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 31, 2020, 02:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show and tell  (Read 3701 times)
Darkmatter569
Active Newbie

« on: December 13, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »

So I volunteer at our school as an elementary teachers aid with grades 1-4. I got my mountain ocarina not too long ago, and I just HAD to take it and show the kids Smiley! So around my neck it went, and I brought it in, going along with the kids' show and tell. I explained to them what ocarinas were, and where I had heard about them. Now I was a little worried about messing up while giving them a sound sample (kids will point out anything  Smiley ) of the diatonic scale, and the song of time from Zelda. But to my surprise, they loved it, and all clapped Smiley! It was fun to play for the kids, but then I got the opportunity to accompany them to music class, where I introduced the music teacher not only to mountain ocarinas, but to ocarinas as a whole Smiley! He pulled out his wooden recorder, and we had a small comparison/jam session with the two instruments. I am currently working on the Scooby Doo theme song, and will definitely bring it in for the kids once I have it down Smiley. These little flutes are just so awesome! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: