Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 24, 2017, 06:33:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold - Sheet music for the full movie scene version  (Read 1572 times)
EriChanHime
Active Newbie

« on: September 09, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »

So, I spent a long time trying to find a single chamber ocarina compatible arrangement for this song from the first Hobbit movie. I dislike tabs strongly, although for those that like them, I have seen a few versions, including one specifically for inlines (from this Mountain Ocarina forum). I personally like sheet music, because I'm more aware of rhythm, etc. and because I have experience with it.

After a decent amount of searching online, I found a version I liked, that starts on a low E, but the middle section of the first verse is missing. I'm guessing this is because it was produced based on the movie's preview, which also shortened the song. I have added back in the missing section, using a similar passage from later in the song, plus about an hour of listening to the music and experimenting. This is not a professional job by any means, and full credit for the vast majority of the notes chosen go to the original transcriber (I cannot find a primary source, but will keep looking so I can link to it) but I wanted the experience of handwriting sheet music, and I adore this piece.

I'm quite pleased with how it sounds, it plays along nicely with the original music, though much higher up the range, and can be played on Mountain Ocarina inlines in both C and G (using the C fingering patterns), as well as 12-hole and 10-hole transverse. I have not included any note ornamentation, as I lack the skill, and people who know what they are doing seem to often prefer adding their own flair. Wink

Please enjoy this for your own personal use!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: