Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 10:13:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warmstone C  (Read 1702 times)
K-Ninja
Active Newbie

« on: November 16, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »

If anyone owns a Warmstone C, what do you think about it? How good is the sound outside and inside? How is the timbre? Can you give me your review?

kypfer

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:19:15 am »

Although I don't own a warmstone instrument, what one needs to recognise with the Mountain Ocarinas is that they basically comprise two parts, an inner "actual instrument" assembly, including the fingerholes and windway, and an outer "shell" which may be WarmStone, DymondWood or PolyCarbonate ... the inevitable conclusion being that they will all sound virtually identical as only the outer "shell" changes, the instrument itself is similar across the range.

Don't let this observation prevent you from buying a nice-looking well-made instrument on purely aesthetic grounds, a lot of instruments are bought for that very reason, but in this particular instance, don't expect to hear any real difference!

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 08:39:29 am »

I found that the low C/B was easier to play clearly on the Warmstone C than on the regular C. Otherwise they are pretty much identical in sound.  The extra weight of the Warmstone does make the balance a little better for me, but I have large hands so your mileage on that may vary. The main reason for buying the Warmstone is looks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: