Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 09:19:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Range VS The Harmonica  (Read 2605 times)
K-Ninja
Active Newbie

« on: November 23, 2016, 05:38:41 pm »

I know that the Pro Range will be able to play in to octaves, but what about that compared to the harmonica? Which one will be easier for a beginner, sound better in certain places(outside, inside, small rooms, large rooms, etc.), and which is "better" for overall music?

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:14:35 pm »

That depends on what you want.  The diatonic harmonica will play in three octaves, with some missing notes, but it is not chromatic, so you need a sack full of them if you are playing with a group.  Chromatic harmonicas can play a full  chromatic scale in three (or four) octaves but are much more expensive and harder to play.  Harmonica reeds wear out and have to be replaced every now and then.   On the other hand quality ocarinas are much more expensive that quality diatonic harmonicas, more likely to break when dropped, and harder to transpose on unless you have a sack full of them.

What it comes down to is which you prefer.  I like both, but when I play with a group I play the harmonica, with the Ocarina relegated mostly to the bedroom. I should also note the I only have single chamber Ocarinas  in a very limited number of keys.

K-Ninja
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »

I also have another question.  Is there anything knew on the production of the Pro Range? No body is really saying too much about it. Are all the questions asked?

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:24:33 am »

Read the "Something to talk about" thread.  That is all I know about that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: