Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 19, 2019, 02:44:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tip for iPhone users  (Read 3873 times)
JoshWilhelmi
Active Newbie

« on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:09 am »

Griffin has an app called iTalk for the iPhone that let's you record your voice (or, for the purposes of this post, Ocarina playing).  It also has a desktop sync program that let's you save your recordings to your computer.  You could use it to record yourself playing at different intervals and listen to the differences.  I'm using it to give me positive feedback (since I can listen to previous recordings and hear myself playing better.  It's only five bucks.  How do you guys track your progress?

Spatolo

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:32:00 am »

Only by listening while playing :-).

I had (and sometimes still have) the bad habit to give too much weight to the moments when I play a bit worse, saying to myself things like "I'm getting worse", "what a shame", and the like.
If you'll ever notice some regression in some recording don't give it any importance: it's normal to have ups and downs; you can't just go upwards. What matters is the difference in the long run, not at every single try. Smiley

Good luck

Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:49:03 pm »

Spatolo,
  I had a day like that last week. I just couldn't play anything right, I got frustrated and just took a break. It was just a bad day I think I was having. Next day things sounded good! Smiley

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: