Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 20, 2019, 11:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial: How to add tabs to a MuseScore 2 score  (Read 258 times)
hoodsmom

« on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:17 am »

I got asked on the CODA forum to write up a tutorial for making a plugin that adds tabs to a MuseScore 2 score. Honestly, I don't think you really need to add tabs to an entire score for CODA if you're an experienced MO player, so I wrote the tutorial to show how to make a plugin that adds tabs for a G-MO ocarina played as a nontransposing instrument. Therefore it made sense to post the link to the tutorial files here as well as on the CODA forum. Included in the tutorial files is my tablature font for playing a G-MO ocarina as a nontransposing instrument.

I've written several MuseScore tab plugins, but to be honest, I use my MuseScore tab plugins for a few scores while learning a new instrument. After I get comfortable with the instrument, I don't add tabs to the entire score. I just add a couple of tabs manually without a plugin to remind myself about fingerings I have a hard time remembering.

https://sites.google.com/site/ocarinastuff/finale-notepad-files-1/MuseScore2TabsTutorial.zip

P.S. In case it's not obvious, you can use the font to (manually) add tabs for a G-MO ocarina played as a transposing instrument as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: