Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 26, 2014, 12:49:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WarmStone C Mountain Ocarina  (Read 7598 times)
Cliff

« on: December 14, 2008, 10:28:50 AM »

I'm trying to make a simple "Customer Reviews" section like Amazon has for all of it's products. I find this the most useful help for me on Amazon when thinking about a product.

If you own a WarmStone C Mountain Ocarina... let others know what you think of it. What do you like? What do you dislike? How does it sound? Help others know if this would be a good ocarina for them.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:41:43 AM by cliff » Logged

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Lady Maie

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »

Mine came in the mail TODAY, and I'm so excited! It's beautiful, and feels really nice in my hand. I have the dark green version.

Of the increase of His government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
~Isaiah 9:7
Tox
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:23 AM »

Having just received my most gorgeous warmstone C ocarina (in black with a dark blue stripe, that i have nicknamed 'The Bruise') i can say without the slightest doubt the photographs on the site do not do them justice.

The videos are closer to the mark but its not till one is in you hands you appreciate the seamless feel they have or how the material flickers in the light, truely a magnificent looking and sounding instrument.

<Please insert generic & cheesy one liner>
Bunjiro
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »

Having had my Warmstone C ocarina for a few weeks, I feel ready to make a review of this little wonder.

First of all I agre with the above poster - the pictures absolutely do not make this instrument justice. They look fabulous in real life!

Secondly, as you say on the site - until you learn to adjust your breath, some notes will sound odd. I come from playing a clay triple ocarina, and the breath requirement is a bit different there, so it took me a week or two to adjust. I still have trouble with some notes but with steady practice comes steady notes! Coming from the triple, I was also at first a bit annoyed by the (comparatively) small range, but I loved the sound, and after sticking with it noticed that it's possible to fit a lot of songs in it by small transpositions.

I played this last Sunday in church and people loved it. The volume is perfect, I was playing with an amped classical guitar and an electric bass guitar and had no trouble at all being heard above both them and the congregation.

In conclusion,  I love this instrument. It definitely takes some time getting used to but the fingerings are the most intuitive I've ever tried, and the sound is excellent. I always carry my C in my pocket (I have a G as well, that one is always around my neck).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: