Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 09, 2020, 08:44:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating your neck cord with beads  (Read 4784 times)
Cliff

« on: October 19, 2008, 04:26:16 am »

OK. You want your ocarina to be unique to you, don't you? Buy some pony beads of your choice. Yes, you boys, they also come in camoflauge! Undo the knots in the clasp. Thread on the beads and clasps. Then reknot the cords. A dab of hot glue into the knots will make sure they hold. Let it cool before you reclasp it. Viola! Yours and yours alone!

Judy

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
VTtrish
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:28:45 pm »

Funny that I design jewelry, and specialize in bead weaving.....Great idea! I can smell the rubber burning as my brain starts planning a new project!  Smiley

MattH
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:37:43 pm »

That's an interesting idea.  I just got the poly G/C set, and I can see the first thing that needs to happen is to replace the plastic cord with a silk cord.  I just can't abide a plastic cord, I don't really know why.  Throwing a couple of decorations on the cord is something I hadn't considered.

DesertKahuna
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:07:31 pm »

I have been adding various "beads" to my ocarinas for some time.  Most I have carved or shaped my self except for the freshwater pearls and the silver banded ones. 

armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:38 pm »

Ok no beads, but I replaced my rubber cord on my hardwood with a nice leather cord still using the safety thinger-flop though, but the brown leather looks so nice with the wooden oc.

Dave

Down with the Evil Recorders! Up with the Angelic Ocarina!

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
Spatolo

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »

I like a lot the idea of the leather cord.
I also like the idea of having some bead carved (and collected) by oneself; I love to pick up tiny (well, not always that tiny) rocks and stuff from the hikes and the trips at the sea. Wearing those memories can be fascinating...

FredDooolie

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 04:33:09 am »

pony beads of your choice. Yes, you boys, they also come in camoflauge!

You can also get beads that look like little baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls and footballs.
Your oc will have a lot of balls I guess.

... There is too much sax and violins on TV these days. Whatever happened to ukuleles and ocarinas?
PapaRobb
Active Newbie

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 04:58:49 am »

I have been adding various "beads" to my ocarinas for some time.  Most I have carved or shaped my self except for the freshwater pearls and the silver banded ones. 

Huh where did you get the white and blue ocarina?  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: