Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 20, 2019, 08:04:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 Celtic Folksongs for Mountain Ocarinas  (Read 41170 times)
dereks

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 12:04:32 am »

LOVE the PDF idea!

rbentrdr
Active Newbie

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 06:32:59 am »

Cliff, someone mentioned that it would be nice to have these in the key of D since most Irish songs are written in that key.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to put the entire book online so it could be copied and pasted into something like WEB.TRANSPOSE.TOOL.  It would only be accessible to people that have bought the book, perhaps we could write in and get a password or something. Would you run this by Karl?  I'm getting both a Tennessee Music Box (played like a box dulcimer) and a tenor D flute in a few days and I sure would like to have this music for them.  For the flute, I have nothing in the key of D and will just have to make up stuff to entertain myself, which won't last very long as I have a very limited imagination!  Please check.  Thanks so much.
Leslie, proud owner of Warmstones C and G.
(Selling all my STLs and my Dragon Tooth on ebay soon!)

kypfer

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 07:25:44 am »

Why not transpose the tunes yourself? Just type them in from the book in ABC format then use one of the many available utilities to convert them into any key you wish. You'll probably not want to do all 300+ at once, but one or two a day will only take a few minutes. Alternatively, there are thousands of ABC files readily available on-line.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:43:47 am by kypfer » Logged

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Cliff

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 10:11:26 am »

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the request. I can see how that could be helpful. At present we don't have the book in a form that is ready to post on the web. As kypfer mentioned there are a lot of folksongs currently available from ABC sites which are ready to paste into online transposition tools. My guess would be that you could get an ABC version of just about all the songs in the 300 Celtic book from the ABC sites. That being said we will keep this in mind for the future. We would like to eventually offer additions to just the printed book.

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
kypfer

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:49 pm »

Cliff,
If you're looking for a volunteer, mail me a copy of the book and I'll type it up for you into ABC free of charge Wink

maki

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »

Cliff,
If you're looking for a volunteer, mail me a copy of the book and I'll type it up for you into ABC free of charge Wink

What a Mensch! Cheesy

Freedom's the answer, what's the question?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/
kypfer

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »

What a Mensch!
... I had to Google that! Thank you  Cool

susa
Active Newbie

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 07:44:45 pm »

Nice book, nice work to arrange that music for an instrument with less extension as for example a whistle or a fiddle or accordeon. Not easy to do.

Ideas for the next edition: ornamentation (as cuts and taps and rolls) in a short instruction, accord symbols that are easy but as authentic as possible, bigger scores, short information text about the tune, information about the tempo.

It is a very good idea to let the player try the melody in other keys. Eventually write down the beginning to make it easier.

Smiley

Hope that helps.

VTtrish
Active Newbie

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:01 pm »

bought this book in 2007 with the learning curriculum and a  polyG. Never opened the book, never looked at it and I have no desire to

LeakyDuck

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »

Not a problem. Sell it to me...... Contact me to discuss.

hoodsmom

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

In the intro, Karl says that he had been planning a Celtic ornamentation curriculum and I for one, would love to have such a tutorial - even if it starts as a few downloadable pieces.  What's the status of that curriculum?

Edit: and if Karl doesn't have the time for a full book, how about something akin to Grey Larsen's "Tune Vault" (for Irish whistle) - he sells (downloadable) packages consisting of a recording, a sheet of comments and a transcription of the recording. I would definitely buy transcriptions of any of the samples on the "sound samples" page.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:32:17 am by hoodsmom » Logged
Auroch

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:06 am »

The book is a fantastic addition. My appreciation for it (and all the work that went into its creation) grows more and more.

Auroch
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: