Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 08:41:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: This is the new, ocarina wish list poll!  (Voting closed: December 25, 2008, 02:10:06 pm)
warmstone - 5 (33.3%)
hardwood - 3 (20%)
PRO RANGE whoo hoo! - 6 (40%)
aluminum! - 1 (6.7%)
a pony? - 0 (0%)
all of em'! - 0 (0%)
I'm a poly person only!! Smiley - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ocarina do you really want!!  (Read 28837 times)
kypfer

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »

The liner material is hard plastic, so it can be drilled, filed, etc. But I don't think there's any way to drill F up to F# without throwing all the higher notes out of tune
... looking at the photographs, drilling F to F# then sleeving the G hole back into tune shouldn't be an issue, the pictures show plenty of material to play with. It's the C hole (LH1) that I have reservations about, not sure the hole will go big enough for C# without impinging on the body of the instrument (which may introduce other issues, leaks etc)  Huh

Thanks anyway, food for thought  Smiley

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:11 am »

For reducing the G hole, try clear nail polish! I don't know if you'll get the MO back in tune, but layers of polish should let you tune in tiny increments.

kypfer

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 07:25:41 am »

I've sourced a pair of second-hand instruments at a good price ... I'll keep you posted  Wink

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Danny
Active Newbie

Ta-da

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 09:38:30 pm »

Thanks alot.

Are they gonna be double chambered like some of the sweet potatos that I've seen?

It's top secret.  I have a theory about how it will work, which I've written in invisible ink, sealed in an envelope, and placed in a Swiss bank deposit box.

ubi

Playing the black nag is fun!
ASmile
Active Newbie

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:32 pm »

I would love a MO Polycarbonate Double Ocarina like the Hinde one I got.  I like the Hinde but it's wood and I don't want to mess it up or drool in it too much.  I also have a fear of letting anyone try it since it can't be cleaned out like my MO polycarbonate G.  But I enjoy being able to play harmony with myself. 

4efs

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 04:23:33 am »

Seriously, someone elses spit.... aaaak!

Sooo glad the MOs are wash-out-able...

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Jaded The Dragon
Active Newbie

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 01:07:14 am »

Cool Right now just the one under the christmas tree   Tongue... awaiting  a poly c and my first ocarina of any kind.... Speaking for the future i really like the warmstone that looked like a light blue ice with droplets frozen in it was just spectacular to me

"Nothingness Reveals Everything, Lose Everything Without And Gain Everything Within." - Jaded The Dragon -
rbentrdr
Active Newbie

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:18 am »

My first wish would be that the ProRange would come out. 
After that, I wish I could get a hardwood. When I spoke to Karl a few months ago, there was a four month wait!!  I just rec'd my warmstone today and it's a definate improvement over the poly.  I just couldn't stand the feel of the poly on my mouth. I got it, blew on it a few times, and put it up until a few days ago.  I ordered the warmstone Saturday or Sunday, got it on Wednesday. 

cerescop

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 06:22:56 am »

I was really wanting a warmstone I saw in the  available area. It was blue and white with some rust colored markings running thru it. I was told when I got home its on its way and will be delivered tomorrow. Pins and needlw anyone?

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:03 pm »

Naturally I really want a ProRange! But I would also love a HardWood C.
What really makes me sad is that I can't get an Alum

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

Hi everyone,
Naturally I really want a ProRange! But I would also love a HardWood C. (I have a G WarmStone)
What really makes me sad is that I can't get an Aluminum G anymore. Cliff said they no longer were
making them-   Cry
Each material has it's own peculiar voice- but I don't know if the sweetness that I heard in the Aluminum OM's came from the material or the players!

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:30 pm »

Well I lost my first post before it was complete ( using my phone) sorry for the partial duplication.

redrocketteer
Active Newbie

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 09:08:14 am »

Warmstone C just to keep the topic alive Smiley

Odin
Active Newbie

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »

Warmstone G and I love the sound of the hardwood C.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: