Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 14, 2020, 03:02:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I tried to get into other instruments, but...  (Read 2941 times)
OcarinaPlayer123
Active Newbie

« on: December 21, 2008, 11:30:26 am »

I currently own 3 penny whistles (Dixon, Susato, and a Clarke Sweetone), a Hohne harmonica, a ukulele, 2 recorders, an electric keyboard, and an acoustic guitar. I tried hard to get interested in all of them, but none have held my attention like my Mountain ocarinas. The fingering simplicity (no half holes), durability, portability, and beautiful sound of my C and G ocarinas always has me coming back. My other instruments are now collecting dust. Wink

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:41:27 am by OcarinaPlayer123 » Logged
Lord Oblivion

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 03:06:40 pm »

I know what you mean man! Even though I play a lot of instruments and love them all, now that I have my MOs I play them a lot more than anything else. I think for me it's more about the portability and small size; if I want to play my guitar, I have to go get it, setup my pedals, plug it in, and power on my amp. With the oc I can just grab it (it's always next to me) and start playing immediately! I think the lack of guitar practice is starting to show and I'm starting to forget song I used to know really well! I guess that's the downside to playing so many instruments: you can't pracice all of them equally.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:09:25 pm by Lord Oblivion » Logged
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:26:05 pm »

I know what you mean LO, I play my ocarinas way more than my guitar now too! It does take a lot to hook up the amp, multi effects, plug it all in, and find a spot to play etc. With the ocarina, you can play anywhere, and anytime, no cables, tuning, power, amp, just the ocarina!
   I think that's what really draws me to ocarinas and accoustic instruments! So many years of lugging around heavy equipment and the myriad accessories you need to upkeep electric guitars etc, on top of that you need stands to put them on so they are readily accessible.
   It is kinda of hard to keep up with practice when you have an instrument collection. All I have really played since the last 2/3 months are my mountain ocarinas and my accoustic ukulele. The mandolin is in my closet and my elec. guitar is in the other room, waiting to get the strings changed! Dan

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: