Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 10, 2020, 07:28:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to jam with other musicians  (Read 4228 times)
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« on: December 22, 2008, 01:22:14 am »

Spatolo,
  I'd like to find someone to jam with around here! I haven't played with any other musicians in a couple years.

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Spatolo

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:37:15 am »

Spatolo,
  I'd like to find someone to jam with around here! I haven't played with any other musicians in a couple years.

I'm lucky because I found some friends which also like folk music and which also... pretty sucks, more or less.  Grin.
Actually we don't manage to play toegether all that often, it is pretty rare indeed, but when it happens, is always a great fun.
Should you check your area if there's someone interested into play with you? Perhaps using the internet?

Lord Oblivion

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 12:45:45 pm »

Jamming is so fun!! Unfortunately, like you guys, I rarely get to do it. Even if you play with people that aren't very good you can still have a few drinks (or not) and have a lot of fun! A friend of mine used to come to my place often to play guitar with me but our musical tastes got too different so we never agreed on what to play. It's a lot more fun when everyone has a different instrument though.

shan

экии!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 01:50:03 pm »

I'd like to find someone to jam with around here!

That's a big part of the rationale for the MO Locator...  now all you need is to wait for a bunch of MOfolks to pop up in your area.   Wink

Spatolo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »

Dan, why don't you just search for any musicians of WHATEVER instrument in your area? You play a thousand instrument, it would be easy for you to find any place in whatever environment. Then, you will have the chance to infiltrate and sneak in the ocarina  Wink

Here's what I found with a two seconds (no more) google search for "nebraska jam session":
http://www.folkjam.org/local/map?geostart=40.794/-96.116

can this be of help? Probably (for SURE) with a deep search you can broaden your findings. You could also consider to post on some musician board (with LOADS of users), perhaps, a board related to your area.

Just some thoughts.

Secretagentdan

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 05:06:59 pm »

Thanks for the Link Spatolo! I should have my own car in a month or so, which will let me get around a lot easier. Dan

Spatolo

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:07:22 pm »

Thanks for the Link Spatolo! I should have my own car in a month or so, which will let me get around a lot easier. Dan

Urk, sorry man, I assumed that everybody in the USA owns a car. What an ignorant! Sorry.

Did you discovered something nice? Is Omaha your town?

Secretagentdan

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »

I had a dodge neon that died a year or so after I paid for it. We just have a camry now but my wife is going to get a new car for herself in the next 2 months. In my town, which is just outside of omaha..everything is really far apart, and the bus lines don't even come out to this city of la vista! Dan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: