Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 04:37:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ocarinafest" in Columbia, MO (or, Mo' MO's in MO)  (Read 13863 times)
shan

экии!

« on: January 03, 2009, 01:31:31 am »

Did you all hear that there's going to be some sort of ocarina shindig in Missouri later this year (August-ish)?  I heard it on DocJazz4's latest installment (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k51e-uvAaGg)

Dude, that'd be boss!

Road trip anyone?

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:47:18 am »

This sounds like fun.  Do you think we can get Cliff a pass to leave the Home for Shy Ocarinists for a few days?

ubi

ForestsRequiem
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:08:07 am »

I'd really like to attend this but sadly I don't think I will be able to attend since I live fairly far away from there Sad

If I am lucky I will find a way to go!

Thanks to DeepRed for adding the text!
Formerly Ocarinaman333
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 08:02:57 pm »

This is not far from me at all ! maybe 5/6 hour drive total. I live in Nebraska so just have to go south. I've driven to missouri several times, especially to Kansas City, Lawrence, St Joseph, and rockport-to buy fireworks! I had some family in arkansas so I've been all around the area. I think I will be able to make this gathering! Hope some of you folks can too! Peace, Dan

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Docjazz4

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:10 am »

You guys are the first to hear about it, but here is the new website for all future Festival updates: http://ocarinafestival.net

What do you think sounds better: OcFest or OcarinaFest? I'd like to know before this thing gets any bigger, lol.

Spatolo

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:28:53 pm »

I vote for "OcarinaFest", for what can matter the opinion of a non native english speaker nor a participant to the event  Cry

Secretagentdan

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:50:22 pm »

Spatolo,
  Welcome back man! Where ya been? Smiley

Spatolo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:05 pm »

Spatolo,
  Welcome back man! Where ya been? Smiley

Beautiful days on the snow! Pictures will follow.
(better stop hijacking this one more thread I think, or Cliff will ban us from the forum FOREVER)  Grin Thanks your your welcome!

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 12:24:27 am »

I don't have a strong opinion about the name.

With that said, OcFest has a nice ring to it. It is true that, unlike "BeerFest," not everyone will immediately grasp the focus of an OcFest. However, most people still have never heard of ocarinas anyway, and OcFest could sound intriguing. (What in the world is an OcFest?) A descriptive subtitle would clarify the purpose of the gathering: the first annual US gathering of worldwide ocarina fans, or something like that. 

So, after typing this post, I think OcFest is catchier than OcarinaFest. Still, I hesitate to disagree with Spatolo. After all, he supports my family by buying so many ocarinas true Italian blood runs in his veins, and vessal flutes were first called ocarinas in Italy. Smiley

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:07 am »

I think you're onto something, Karl.

Maybe it should be called BeerFest!

imbuzo

jiminos

humming to myself

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:28 am »

both are dangerously close to OktoberFest. (i wonder how many will make the mistaken connection/assumption.)

perhaps it could be called ... "The Great and Grand Gathering of Gregarious Gatherers with their Gathered Together Gawd-Awful Gourd-shaped Noise Makers?"

be well,

jim

Be in this moment.
That which is cannot be found. It is not lost.
It can only be accepted or rejected.
Truth is.
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 12:41:30 am »

I don't know, Jim.  Your suggestion of such a long title makes me think that you've been infected with verbosity by watching too many of my videos. As a compromise, what if we substituted your long title with a simple acronymn? We could call the OcFest the GAGGOGGWTGTGAGSNM.

jiminos

humming to myself

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:45:51 am »

I'm good with that. and when people ask:

"How do you pronounce GAGGOGGWTGTGAGSNM?"

we can reply:

"Ocfest."

be well,

jim

Be in this moment.
That which is cannot be found. It is not lost.
It can only be accepted or rejected.
Truth is.
Spatolo

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:26 am »

I don't know why, but my urge to buy five more high end mountain ocarinas suddenly vanished. What a mysterious thing. Who knows why...

Secretagentdan

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:14 pm »

Man, I wish there was some cheaper airline prices soon so Spatolo and all our other friends overseas could come and visit! Keep your eyes open y'all! Dan

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: