Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 04:33:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ocarinafest" in Columbia, MO (or, Mo' MO's in MO)  (Read 13862 times)
Docjazz4

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 02:27:03 am »

I'm good with that. and when people ask:

"How do you pronounce GAGGOGGWTGTGAGSNM?"

we can reply:

"Ocfest."

Okay...that made me laugh pretty hard Smiley

Man, I wish there was some cheaper airline prices soon so Spatolo and all our other friends overseas could come and visit! Keep your eyes open y'all! Dan

It's funny you mention that because there's actually going to be a festival this May in Budrio, Italy - home of the first Ocarinas! I was thinking about going...Spatolo, can I stay with you? Grin

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 02:36:10 am »

Hey, we could ALL stay with Spatolo!  And by eating all our meals at his house, we would save enough money to be able to afford the plane tickets.

Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 09:18:06 pm »

Well you may be right there Karl! Spatolo? Smiley

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Spatolo

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 03:54:00 pm »

You are all welcome!

Wait, I have to ask to my woman. She is the boss of the house, me I'm only the musician.

Seriously; I'd love to host you; and I don't think that this could be a problem for my woman too; if it's for a few days and I warn her in advance (and there is time do to that).
The problem is, that I don't live so close to Budrio, the town where the modern ocarina is born (actually, in my opinion the modern ocarina is the mountain ocarina, anyhow).
How many days the festival will last?

We can arrange a solution. Now that I discovered it; I sincerely plan to get there.

Docjazz4

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 04:05:33 am »

You are all welcome!

Wait, I have to ask to my woman. She is the boss of the house, me I'm only the musician.

Seriously; I'd love to host you; and I don't think that this could be a problem for my woman too; if it's for a few days and I warn her in advance (and there is time do to that).
The problem is, that I don't live so close to Budrio, the town where the modern ocarina is born (actually, in my opinion the modern ocarina is the mountain ocarina, anyhow).
How many days the festival will last?

We can arrange a solution. Now that I discovered it; I sincerely plan to get there.

Wow...I was sort of joking, but if it's okay to stay at your house, I might take you up on it, lol. Here's the main website: http://www.ocarinafestival.it/

It takes place the first weekend of May (May 1-3). The only problem on my end (besides the money, haha) is that final exams begin on the May 4th. If I can take some finals early, however, I just may be able to go! I'll see which teachers I can negotiate with, lol.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 02:31:22 pm »

So, will MO have some sort of "official" presence at the Missouri Ocarinafest in August?  I'm not sure what I mean by "official," since I've never been to one of these things, and don't really know how they work.  But I'm thinking in terms of booths or something.  It seems like it would be a good idea.

ubi

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 03:48:03 am »

Hi, Ubi, we'll want to support the OcFest in any way that we can.  It's been super busy around here, but I'm going to call or email David very soon to ask how we can help.

Secretagentdan

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 03:51:37 am »

I think I;ll just drive down there, it's only a few hours away! Hope some of you folks can make it down! Daniel

ForestsRequiem
Active Newbie

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 12:12:30 pm »

Hi, Ubi, we'll want to support the OcFest in any way that we can.  It's been super busy around here, but I'm going to call or email David very soon to ask how we can help.

Karl, if you want some representation, I will gladly go as a representative! I'll just need a plane ticket and some ocarinas to sell! Grin

Don't worry, I'm joking. But, between now and then I'm going to being trying to find a way to go!

Thanks to DeepRed for adding the text!
Formerly Ocarinaman333
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 01:21:12 pm »

Karl, if you want some representation, I will gladly go as a representative! I'll just need a plane ticket and some ocarinas to sell! Grin

I'm thinking we could fly you on our corporate jet. (You'll have to email us your menu choices for the flight; our private chef likes to know these things in advance.)  Of course, it goes without saying that we would provide an unlimited expense account and generous traveling money. Smiley

Seriously, I am planning to go to the OcFest myself.  As the time draws near, we should arrange carpools, etc.   So, perhaps we could offer you a ride in the corporate subcompact.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:24:27 pm by Karl » Logged
ForestsRequiem
Active Newbie

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:25 pm »

Lol! I didn't think small businesses had corporate jets!

If you are going, I'm definitely going to have to do everything I can to get there! You have added another person to my list of people who I want to meet from the Ocarina world who will be there!

Carpools sound like a great idea! I will just have to run the idea by my parents Cheesy

Thanks to DeepRed for adding the text!
Formerly Ocarinaman333
kissing
Active Newbie

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 12:53:13 pm »

What an exciting event (even though I'm in Australia).

I see that your forum is up Smiley
http://forums.ocarinafestival.net/index/

David, I think there's a problem - I was trying to join it and it says both "kissing" and "kissing88" usernames are unavailable since someone has already taken it.
Should I be worried that there are people out there who wish to impersonate me on your forum?

Nevertheless, I'm interested in joining to keep up to date with how the first ocarina festival in America will go  Cool

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:55:57 pm by kissing » Logged

armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 01:27:32 pm »

Yeah, I would love to make it, hmm maybe if I can arrange my bi-annual home leave around the same time... hmmm... Maybe I can get my company to foot the bill?? hmmm..

Dave

Down with the Evil Recorders! Up with the Angelic Ocarina!

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
Secretagentdan

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 01:12:29 am »

That would be cool Dave! So I'm curious, who is pretty sure they are coming thus far? If I can help out let me know! Look forward to meeting you and jamming out! Daniel

Ben

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 03:31:12 am »

I'm planning to come!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: