Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 24, 2019, 04:26:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korobeiniki (Theam from Tetris)  (Read 15828 times)
1ezmonkey
Active Newbie

« on: January 14, 2009, 10:33:55 pm »

Korobeiniki is an old Russian folk song that is better known for it being the theam song from Tetris the 1980s video game. I would love to learn how to play it. If anyone has tabs or sheet music for it It would be apreaciated. (preferably tabs)

You are the prize your ancestors worked so hard to achive, and you carry inside of you the genes - and therefore the traits - that made them successful.
1ezmonkey
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:12:42 pm »

I found the sheet music here http://www.scribd.com/doc/90467/PianoSquallKorobeiniki

You are the prize your ancestors worked so hard to achive, and you carry inside of you the genes - and therefore the traits - that made them successful.
Spatolo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:45:23 pm »

From a certain point onwards it's impossible to play with the ocarina because there are chords both in the treble and bass clef.
The rest too is hard... first; it must be transposed. Second and harder I feel like that must also be arranged somehow; to fit the range of the ocarina.
But I'll look at it nevertheless. Just please have no expectations (at least from me *hint* *hint*)

Spatolo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:46 pm »

I've did my best in getting a PART of it by ear. I hope you find it good enough as a start. You should find it easily on the unofficial TAB archive for mountain ocarinas (two tunes so far  Grin)

http://mountainocarinatabs.wiki-site.com

Please let me know if they sound OK to you. I triple-checked them with my gameboy memories and I feel it's OK by I want your opinion.

Ciao!

1ezmonkey
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:45:45 am »

Thanks, That is a lot of work. I will try to learn what you have posted.

shan

экии!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:13 am »

I have music for you.  (see attachment)

I also did a backing track for it, but it's too big (830kb) to post here.  If you would like it, send me a message with your email address.  I'd be happy to send it along!

Spatolo

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:30:42 am »

Thanks shan. Monkeyman#2  Cheesy if you'd like I'll put in tabs the second part too. Ciao!

(And, please let us know when you will have tried the s*it!) Ciao

Spatolo

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »

Here's the full tabs.
If it's OK to put sheet music then is for sure OK also for tabs!
http://octabs.appspot.com/score/?title=Tetris+theme&print=N&shift=0&oc=G&tabsize=mi&staff=N&mopitches=a+e+f+g+f+e+d+d+f+a+g+f+e+919+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+g+^a+d%27+c%27+^a+a+f+a+g+f+e+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+a+e+f+g+f+e+d+d+f+a+g+f+e+919+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+g+^a+d%27+c%27+^a+a+f+a+g+f+e+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+a+f+g+e+f+d+^c+e+a+f+g+e+f+a+d%27+^d%27&rewrite=N&review=N&k=agZvY3RhYnNyEAsSClNjb3JlTW9kZWwYAgw

And, thanks cliff for creating such a easy tool to create tabs! It's VERY easy now that one can put letters using ABC syntax!
I update the wiki nevertheless. Who knows :-) Perhaps it will become useful someday.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:05:28 pm by Spatolo » Logged
fleetwood
Active Newbie

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 11:24:31 am »

thanks was looking for that

1ezmonkey
Active Newbie

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 02:21:58 pm »

Here's the full tabs.
If it's OK to put sheet music then is for sure OK also for tabs!
http://octabs.appspot.com/score/?title=Tetris+theme&print=N&shift=0&oc=G&tabsize=mi&staff=N&mopitches=a+e+f+g+f+e+d+d+f+a+g+f+e+919+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+g+^a+d%27+c%27+^a+a+f+a+g+f+e+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+a+e+f+g+f+e+d+d+f+a+g+f+e+919+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+g+^a+d%27+c%27+^a+a+f+a+g+f+e+f+g+a+f+d+d+920+a+f+g+e+f+d+^c+e+a+f+g+e+f+a+d%27+^d%27&rewrite=N&review=N&k=agZvY3RhYnNyEAsSClNjb3JlTW9kZWwYAgw

And, thanks cliff for creating such a easy tool to create tabs! It's VERY easy now that one can put letters using ABC syntax!
I update the wiki nevertheless. Who knows :-) Perhaps it will become useful someday.

Thanks that is exactly what I needed. Sorry I havnt been around in a while. We are moving at the speed of life here.

InvisibleDrifter
Active Newbie

Play it by ear.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 03:02:03 am »

Saved 'em both, thanks guys.

alejandro
Active Newbie

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 06:18:32 am »

here is a fun video to play along with (assuming it's the same song Cheesy)

I should also mention this one since it is the version posted in this thread

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:38:55 am by alejandro » Logged
Yaara

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

Ocarinas, Zelda, and the Tetris theme all got a shout-out in the Daily What today!

http://thedailywh.at/post/2686226332/sure-why-not-of-the-day-wondering-what-brit is the link... I couldn't resist putting a plug for Mountain Ocarinas in the comments section.   Wink

Besitos,
Yaara

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
Cliff

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »

I couldn't resist putting a plug for Mountain Ocarinas in the comments section.   Wink

Thanks Yaara  Grin

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
cboody
Active Newbie

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 04:54:15 am »

The tune is Korobushka a Russian dance tune I once knew the dance for.  Here's the ABC in a reasonable ocarina key

X: 38
T: Korobushka
O: trad Russia
M: 2/4
L: 1/8
Z: John Chambers <jc:trillian.mit.edu>
P: Gm
K: Gm
[| "D7"D3^F | A2 ^FD | "Gm"G3 A | B2 AG | "D7"A3 B | c2 dc | "Gm"B2 G2 | G4 |]
|: "Cm"c3 e| g2 fe | "Gm"d3 B | d2 cB | "D7"A3 B | c2dc | "Gm"B2 G2 | G4 :|

Pages: [1]
  Print