Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
December 02, 2020, 12:08:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain Ocarina Audio Review  (Read 3938 times)
armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« on: January 25, 2009, 01:06:22 pm »

Ok, I know I'm a noob and I know my playing isnt the best, but here is my video of all 4 types of MO, Hardwood, Warmstone, and Polycarb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xabmf4JHyE4

Down with the Evil Recorders! Up with the Angelic Ocarina!

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »

As I commented on YT, I can't hear a difference in tone on your video.  I'm not sure but I think it may be because you're playing fairly gently.  The difference between the materials is most audible to me when playing strongly, notes above G.

ubizmo

armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:41:37 pm »

Ah, I'll have to give it a go! Just to see how it works hehe. I am very self conscious of my neighbors being right through the wall when I make my recordings. <GRIN>

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:02:27 pm »

Ah, I'll have to give it a go! Just to see how it works hehe. I am very self conscious of my neighbors being right through the wall when I make my recordings. <GRIN>

I have the same problem--not to mention famiily members, who quickly get tired of it.  The truth is, I don't get to play as much in this cold weather when I'm housebound a lot of the time.  I do use the 2-minute method when in the car, but opportunities for more extended practice are rare.  But I learned that inhibited playing isn't a good thing.  The silencer is good for practicing fingering, but not for tone control.

Recording is a special problem, because if I'm at home I almost never have an opportunity for more than one or two takes before people get fed up.  So if there are mistakes, they stay in.

When the weather is even a little milder, I don't mind practicing outdoors, and even recording outdoors.  But it has to be warm enough so that my fingers can move easily.

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I do know what you're up against, and the MO is meant to be played with gusto.  When you do, the sound difference in the different materials comes across a bit better.

ubizmo

armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:29:52 pm »

Thank you so much for that, it gives me a good perspective to work from!!! If I get time at work I go to a noisy rack room full of computers and play there loudly but only on a night shift, its quite nice.

Anyway, I hope sales are going well for MO and that they continue to grow!!!

Dave

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: