Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 20, 2018, 05:03:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Docjazz4's Ocarina Guru Contest Result  (Read 5167 times)
Cliff

« on: March 24, 2009, 11:00:12 am »

The ocarina guru contest is over. The judging is complete.

Here is Docjazz's video thanking everyone for participating in the contest and announcing the winners:

The results are tabulated on this page... along with links to all the videos and comment from Karl:

http://www.mountainsocarina.com/ocarina-gurus.htm

Here is the original contest video:

I thought that it was a fun contest.

What do you think?

Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Kiniko

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:42 am »

Lol, I have a happy face on.  Grin

Honorable mention will do just fine.

noahsummers

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:21:15 pm »

(Shudders)  That was more suspenseful than when the finalists are picked for American Idol!  (You know, when they separate everyone into groups and then keep kicking off one group until only a few people are left)

Just one thing though; you said the junior division was for 18/-, and KingOcarina won both categories.  I only ask this because you had one winner for both, but does the fact that I'm only 17 change anything?  (Sorry to nitpick, and that's ok if the answer is no, especially since you guys were awesome enough to give honorable mention's prizes Cheesy, but those grand prizes are just too awesome!!!)  Actually, I figure that might be the case for a lot of entrants, so ignore it.  Plus it's awesome to be an honorable mention with Laurent at the top! Smiley

Good job pronouncing Celtic and "Nachtswinge" correctly by the way. Wink

Karl, thanks so much for doing the comments page!  I loved your commentary! Grin

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:04:56 pm by Noah » Logged
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:02:17 pm »

I think Noah should have been in the senior division.  It says right in his avatar that he's an Age-Old enthusiast of instruments.

I think splitting it into age divisions was a very good idea, although in the future maybe there should be juniors, adults, and AARP (for those outside the US, that would be pensioners).

Thanks to Docjazz and Karl for all the fun, and for drawing attention to one of the most annoying tunes ever written!

ubizmo

noahsummers

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 01:06:29 pm »

It says right in his avatar that he's an Age-Old enthusiast of instruments.

Nooo, you've seen through my ruse!

Edit: My title has been corrected. Tongue

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:55:12 pm by Noah » Logged
ubizmo

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 03:11:46 pm »

I should add that the page of comments on the entries was really a wonderful thing to do.  It not only gives everybody a little feedback, but also helps them to feel fully included, which is a great thing for a contest like this to accomplish.

ubizmo

ForestsRequiem
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 06:34:14 pm »

Congratulations everyone!

I'm upset with myself for forgetting about this Sad When I saw this video this morning, I was kicking myself!

I'm not sure if I would have won anything anyways, but it would have been worth trying! I think I might post my video anyways, just for the sake of getting a new video out there, even though I can't win anything at this point Smiley

Thanks to DeepRed for adding the text!
Formerly Ocarinaman333
TheOcarinaFanatic

THANK GOD I HAD THIS VELVEEJAAVAAJAA!

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 07:28:31 pm »

Congrats to everyone who entered! I really enjoyed this whole competition...it was a lot of fun making a video and watching the competition grow. I LOVE competing, and am a very competitive person by nature. I would greatly appreciated more contests in the future! But knowing that a company needs money to stay afloat, and giving out free merchandise 24/7 is kinda spendy, I am assuming the competitions will be few and far between.

Either way the whole competition was a blast, I was glad to be a part of it!

I want to thank MountainOcarinas for all the generous prizes awarded, and Docjazz4 for hosting it!

I am super proud to have an honorable mention! but know this...next time I wont be beaten by technology!

Thats right...I am talking to you Okarojo.   Smiley

OH SHINY!
Laurent

Ocarina fan

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:46:31 pm »

I should add that the page of comments on the entries was really a wonderful thing to do.

Yes, that's great. We can really see how Karl took this judging job seriously, and the feedback is very valuable.

Laurent

Ocarina fan

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:49:21 pm »

I am super proud to have an honorable mention! but know this...next time I wont be beaten by technology!

Thats right...I am talking to you Okarojo.   Smiley

Grin

Well, you already seem to master the video technology. I can start to fear  Wink

hoodsmom

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:35 pm »

I too want to thank docjazz and MO for sponsoring the contest - and for the honorable mention (which is a blessing and a curse b/c I made a relatively last-minute decision to enter and had planned to put up a replacement vid in which my playing is less painful to listen to).  Karl - thanks for the comments page - you guys are the greatest!  I had fun and learned a lot about playing, recording, iMovie and QuickTime, and the California ( Angry!) state legislature.

hoodsmom

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 06:59:43 am »

Well, about two weeks after my previous post I recorded less embarrassing music for my "ocarina guru" video and I finally got 'round to putting it together:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3SyiobmV8

ubizmo

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:44 pm »

Is there some way you can send a link to that video to the CA legislature?

Ubizmo

hoodsmom

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:10 pm »

Is there some way you can send a link to that video to the CA legislature?

Ubizmo

It wouldn't do any good.  Those clowns are clueless.  My video is about to get more topical again because the budget agreement that was cobbled together depends on voters agreeing to five May ballot measures that are all trailing in the polls.  If those measures fail, the state will be back to square minus ten because the Republicans replaced the party leaders who (sorta) compromised with the Democrats with ultra-hard-core anti-tax types.

Back to ocarinas, I feel better about publicizing the existence of Mountain ocarinas with this video than I did with the original, but I can't figure out how YouTube does its searches.  I just added "California budget" to the title of the vid and my tags are: California budget legislature mountain ocarina guru (and my category = news & politics), but the vid does not show up in a search for "California budget."  Anyone know how YouTube's search algorithms work?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: